Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Monthly Video Challenge

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
Welcome to the monthly Spark video competition. This is purely for fun, and there are no prizes.

This months brief is as follows, we’ll keep it simple to start with.

Make a 90 second film using your DJI Spark and/or your mobile phone/tablet. No other camera can be used.
This should be easy to achieve as all Spark pilots will have a phone/tablet to fly their Spark.

Things to consider;

You should think about matching your footage from one device to the next. So, in editing - try make frame rates the same, match up the colour tone. If you don’t know how to do this, then feel free to ask. This should be used as a way of learning new skills.

The rules;

1 - All video content must be filmed between 1st and 31st of January.
2 - All entries submitted must be your own original work
3 - All drone footage must be filmed on a DJI Spark
4 - The winner will be chosen by a forum membership vote

Last edited:
When I have done similar 'contest' on other forums there was a theme for each month. I think adding a theme to it will keep it interesting. Maybe videos with snow should be January's theme. Even people in Florida can enter! :D

When I have done similar 'contest' on other forums there was a theme for each month. I think adding a theme to it will keep it interesting. Maybe videos with snow should be January's theme. Even people in Florida can enter! :D

Yep. That’s the plan. Just wanted to keep it simple for month one.
Any chance this could be pinned?

Done, and if the wind, snow and -35º wind chills let up I will try to enter.
CUOv9k2UYAAJnP2.png

Reactions: Lastrexking
No reason not to have footage shot before Jan. Just seems like a silly rule which will limit the entries, if anything.
Seen plenty of good videos on this site that don't even get a mention, then someone posts some crappy POS and there's pages.

Still, it is a spark forum so...

No reason not to have footage shot before Jan. Just seems like a silly rule which will limit the entries, if anything.
Seen plenty of good videos on this site that don't even get a mention, then someone posts some crappy POS and there's pages.

Still, it is a spark forum so...
One of the points to the 'competition' is to enter fresh footage from the month in question and the subject in question. Anyone can pull out past stuff that fits, this is an active contest, learn what the topic for the month is and get out there and film it! :D

Reactions: Lastrexking
Entries which break the law and play lottery with lives should not be accepted as they have obvious advantages in terms of "cool factor".

Took me 3 years but...

There are members from all over the planet on this forum. Each country has different rules relating to flying drones. I have neither the time or inclination to learn them all. If people feel it’s dangerous flying then they don’t have to vote for the entry.

With respect, you seem very negative on this competition. It’s just for fun - please remember that. Also, it’s not compulsory, so if you don’t like how it’s been set up, then you don’t have to take part.

This was taken at a local country park on the edge of the Peak District (outside the national park, though, since the peaks don't allow drone flight!). I was trying to get a feeling for the drab, grey, but also peaceful and eery UK winter. Filmed on the 12th January with the Spark, edited using Openshot and VLC. I feel the exposures are a little bit borked up. I'll do better next time :)

Edit: updated with a better quality film.

Last edited:
Shame!
No chance this days, because weather is too bad to fly.
Every day strong Windy conditions, rain, fog, snowy, coldness and something like that.
Have to wait for a better day[emoji274] and hope for the next month.

Shame!
No chance this days, because weather is too bad to fly.
Every day strong Windy conditions, rain, fog, snowy, coldness and something like that.
Have to wait for a better day[emoji274] and hope for the next month.
I feel your pain. I wanted to fly today as well. High winds and snow here as well.
Tomorrow is another day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex