Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Monthly Video Challenge

OK, that's an issue. I thought this thread, which is stickied, was the designated thread.

I’d rather have a thread for each month. Takes ages putting the voting thread together if I have to sift through this thread to pick out all of the video urls.

I suggest spring or easter as theme. What do you suggest?[emoji214] [emoji255]

Easter is always beautiful.
Spring would cover two, maybe three months (check local listings) if you want to have a 90 day Spring Fling, people may like that.

A lot of entries will be submitted.:eek:

Otherwise, if it's a monthly international contest, other options may be...

March = Saint Patrick's Day?
April = Earth Day ? April Fool's?
May = Mother's Day?

?????:)

I suggest spring or easter as theme. What do you suggest?[emoji214] [emoji255]

What about this in the Southern Hemisphere? It’s autumn/fall there.
Easter is a Christian festival most of the planet don’t celebrate.

That would cover two, maybe three months (check local listings) if you want to have a 90 day Spring Fling, people may like that.

A lot of entries will be submitted.:eek:

Otherwise, if it's a monthly international contest...

March = Saint Patrick's Day?
April = Earth Day ? April Fool's?
May = Mother's Day?

?????:)

Mother’s Day is this week in some countries.
None Christians might not appreciate a saints day.

Earth day is a good idea though.

Reactions: Spark 317
Mother’s Day is this week in some countries.
None Christians might not appreciate a saints day.

Earth day is a good idea though.

Yep. Big Planet.

how about instead of a hard theme, we do more cinematography related challenges, like "Dramatic Lighting" or awesome "Color Composition"(dust off those color wheels), or most fluid "One Shot" where everything is filmed in one single take. Even something simple like "Rule of thirds" Something to get people out there putting those thumbs to work, and also helping each other get a more rounded introduction to filming concepts they may not be familar with. Id also like to see a few suggested restrictions applied that serve a similar purpose of helping to improve on our approach to filming and editing, so we see less 45second pans of the skyline, or jerky footage from stop and go filming. Ultimately i feel each contest should be based around a lesson more than a general theme. Whoever starts the contest for that month should first show an example of the concept we will be exploring, then we all do our research, and put our skills to the test to try and expand on those lessons. The winners would be the ones who demonstrate that they have a grasp on these concepts. etc... But in reality, we all win, because next time we go fly we will be heading into the sky with increased understanding of the foundations of cinematography. Not sure if I explained that properly.

As nobody else wants to pick this up the next competition will be judged in May.

The subject will be an homage to your favourite film. You can do it however you want as long as the film uses a reference that is easily recognised as a reference to your film of choice, and uses the Spark to film some of the footage. Any entry's not matching the brief will be disqualified.

Reactions: ZPFunk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers