Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Moving RC Stick in Palm Control Mode Question

Pearson

Join
Jan 3, 2019
I was hoping someone could tell me what would happen if the stick controls on the RC were moved briefly, when I was trying to fly and give commands in Gesture mode? I suspect the stick input is momentary and the drone returns to the previous gesture mode.

As a very new owner, I was trying out the different gestures like palm launch and control, dronie, follow, etc. for the first time, struggling to get the Spark to respond. My young son, holding the remote and thinking he was being helpful, moved the sticks. I'm confused if he was the reason the drone did not appear to respond to all commands, as I expected? For example, I was having a heck of time using Palm Control to move the drone around but was able to take several photos.

Thanks.

In gesture mode, spark will respond to stick movement, but I remember, cannot start video recording.

I think best practice is to exit gesture mode, if you want to take control.

In gesture mode, spark will respond to stick movement, but I remember, cannot start video recording.

I think best practice is to exit gesture mode, if you want to take control.

DJI added the ability to start video recording in Gesture Mode a while back.

50E638AE-1655-4B98-9D78-DDE8BCC947AB.jpeg

I've found it's more reliable to use the remote control (or phone) with Active Tracking tho. Gesture Mode was primarily a marketing gimmick of what was then a unique feature. It just doesn't work that well (except in DJI demo videos).

Thanks for the replies. It's a refurb unit so I've been trying to run the drone through it's paces to make sure there's no hidden problems. I'm trying to figure out what would happen if the stick controls on the RC were moved briefly, when I was trying to fly and give commands in Gesture mode. Will it continue in Gesture mode?

Have to agree with Andre Levite. I spent some time trying to master gesture control ('failed) till I realised i was wadting valuable flight time and it was better to use the remote! Dont think i have tried again in the last year - why would you?

Hahaha...but it looks so easy. As least I didn't look foolish waving my arms like a madman at my drone.

Yeah I watched a video today where a guy suggested that very thing ... do a palm launch/land but otherwise fly with the RC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme