Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

my compass calibration is always yellow no matter where i am. should i recalibrate?

PhotoGD

Join
Jun 10, 2018
My compass calibration is always yellow (about halfway on the bar) no matter where i am. Thought it was just interference in my neighborhood but even many other locations far away are the same.

I know the general consensus is that you shouldn't calibrate compass unless the app prompts you to, but should I? What do you think?

I haven't had any issues, but I want to be safe.

You will be ok, as the compass is used to support GPS and generally needs to be "good enough". There will always be some effect on compass calibration if you are in a city location, due to surrounding buildings and vehicles. There is no harm in recalibrating as long as you are outside and well away from steel framed buildings, reinforced concrete floors/yards, motor vehicles and caravans/trailer homes; I do mine in the middle of my back garden about 30 feet (10m) from the house and cars. I found that even the magnetic catch on my old phone case caused an effect as the neodymium magnet used had a huge magnetic field!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast