Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Samsung S7 edge does not see my Spark (Android).

Sparcky

Join
Jun 3, 2017
Hi,

My Samsung S7 Edge does not see the SSID of the Spark. :-(

It works fine with the wifi of the remote and DJI app. (so the Spark is activated)
My Ipad and laptop see the wifi and the ipad works also perfectly with the DJI 4 app and Spark
The phone also works fine with my Yuneec breeze and Mavic Pro.

But when I travel, I don't want to take the remote with me and control my Spark with my phone.
What did I miss ?

Any hints and tips welcome.

First, you could only have 1 or the other linked to the Spark WIFI (either phone or RC). If you want to use you phone you'll have to reset the WIFI on the Spark. Believe me, the entire process sucks

Reactions: Antonio
After turning on the Spark, wait for status blink yellow. You press and hold the battery button for 6 seconds, you will get first 1 bip and then 2 bips. Now your phone can control the drone. If you don't see the SSID, it could be that the drone is in 5.8G on a channel your phone don't see. If you press the power button for > 9sec, you should finally get 3 bips and you will see the SSID in 2.4G band, note that any custom SSID or password will be reseted.
For more info and how to relink the RC, read RC manual, section 2. Linking.

Reactions: Sparcky and Antonio
#solved .... the 9 second push fixed it. !! #thanks
You are welcome. Had the same issue. Now waiting for a firmware update to solve that as it is just a workaround.

Indeed, awaiting the new firmware, because even its solved, I have to do the 9 second trick every time you power on ....

Reactions: wim
Indeed, awaiting the new firmware, because even its solved, I have to do the 9 second trick every time you power on ....
Same for me. In any case I don't plan to really flight it with the phone/tablet I found this way too laggy, unreliable and too short distance. But I still have to wait a week to get the RC.
Hope firmware update will come soon as currently I can only use 2.4G and there are a lot of interference in my area and 5.8G would be a good alternative.

I posted it also on the DJI Forum .... Leave there also a reply, to push it a little bit, thanks ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme