Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My Spark won't Take off..

kwabena Lion

Join
May 16, 2019
Hello Guys.. I'm Kwabena from Ghana, West Africa. My spark won't take off.. The propellers spin but the drone doesn't fly.. It gives me propeller or motor error.. Any help please?

If the props are spinning up but you're then getting a prop or motor error, it's time to send it to DJI for service. It's a hardware problem.

Reactions: kwabena Lion
Try turning off Beginner and move to a location (away from structures and trees, you want open sky) where you get more than 10 sats. If you see more than 10 (it can take some time to acquire them), start the motors and gently lift up a foot or two. If you are not feeling safe about flying in that mode just yet, then land, go back to beginners and try again. Failing that, do what Dodge DeBoutlet has suggested, contact support.

Try turning off Beginner and move to a location (away from structures and trees, you want open sky) where you get more than 10 sats. If you see more than 10 (it can take some time to acquire them), start the motors and gently lift up a foot or two. If you are not feeling safe about flying in that mode just yet, then land, go back to beginners and try again. Failing that, do what Dodge DeBoutlet has suggested, contact support.
Thanks @Northwood Mediaworks... I had to change the props and check the color coding of the props.. It flies now.

I suspect the pin-up procedure on the spark is a VERY carefully monitored process, to verify all four of the props are:
- present
- firmly locked down
- balanced
- identical in drag

All of this can be accomplished by monitoring the amount of current the motors draw when they are spun up AND slowed down several times during startup. That's where you get the "vmmm-vmmm... vmmmmmmmmMMMMMM" startup sound from. The spark is throttling and braking the props several times to compare current draws on all four. The BRAKING is to make sure the props are LOCKED down and not just pressed down vertically on the shafts.

So my guess is one of your four pops wasn't locked down.

I suspect the pin-up procedure on the spark is a VERY carefully monitored process, to verify all four of the props are:
- present
- firmly locked down
- balanced
- identical in drag

All of this can be accomplished by monitoring the amount of current the motors draw when they are spun up AND slowed down several times during startup. That's where you get the "vmmm-vmmm... vmmmmmmmmMMMMMM" startup sound from. The spark is throttling and braking the props several times to compare current draws on all four. The BRAKING is to make sure the props are LOCKED down and not just pressed down vertically on the shafts.

So my guess is one of your four pops wasn't locked down.
Yea.. I agree with you, it was a propeller problem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex