Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My thumb now knows what it feels like to come into contact with a spinning prop

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
So I had my first couple of crashes yesterday but my ego is the only thing that is hurt. I was flying the Spark indoors so as to drain the batteries (it will be raining here for the foreseeable future). The issue was that the Spark kept connecting to GPS while inside, where previously it has always stayed in ATTI mode. GPS mode indoors is no bueno. The Spark kept shifting around making me nervous and one time it came too close to the wall and I instinctively grabbed for it and my thumb went directly into the props. Surprisingly there was no cut at all, just a tad sore. After this I decided to try it again and the Spark continued to shift around, this time I accidentally moved it into my blinds, where it then cut the motors and dropped like a rock onto some plate weights I had on the floor. Everything seems to be working fine but I am still disgruntled from having any issues at all since I have had a completely clean record before this.

Long story short, don't fly indoors in GPS mode lol

So I had my first couple of crashes yesterday but my ego is the only thing that is hurt. I was flying the Spark indoors so as to drain the batteries (it will be raining here for the foreseeable future). The issue was that the Spark kept connecting to GPS while inside, where previously it has always stayed in ATTI mode. GPS mode indoors is no bueno. The Spark kept shifting around making me nervous and one time it came too close to the wall and I instinctively grabbed for it and my thumb went directly into the props. Surprisingly there was no cut at all, just a tad sore. After this I decided to try it again and the Spark continued to shift around, this time I accidentally moved it into my blinds, where it then cut the motors and dropped like a rock onto some plate weights I had on the floor. Everything seems to be working fine but I am still disgruntled from having any issues at all since I have had a completely clean record before this.

Long story short, don't fly indoors in GPS mode lol
Is there a way to shut off GPS reception indoors?

Is there a way to shut off GPS reception indoors?
Not that I have found. Would be nice to lock into ATTI sometimes.

I've read that wrapping aluminium foil on the back of the Spark will block the GPS antennae from signals, forcing it into Atti mode.

Try that.

Don't cover the cooling vents in the center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast