Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My year with the DJI Spark!

This is sort of a recap of what my year has been like. Everything was shot on my DJI Spark! Hope you all had a great 2018!
I've started doing mine from winter all the way through 2019 to next Christmas I'm going to get all our UK Seasons weather. I was supposed to do it last year with my Mavic Pro but ended up crashing that thing. Got it back fixed now but I'm going to do it all with the little spark.

Keep 'em coming in 2019 Rocco.

At this rate, you might be the next Casey in the future, considiring the timeline history he has had.

Ok, ok, pipe down.;)

Happy New Year to you, your family, and your friends that help you out along the way.

Thanks for sharing your past year for us all to share.

Hi Rocco,
Thanks for that. Great vid.
As a new Spark owner, I’m interested in how you got the vertically downward shots (stingray and sculler)?
Happy New Year.
On the controller, there's kind of a knob thing on the back that allows you to control the gimbal pitch. If your flying with just the phone then you can adjust it by taping in the bottom left or switching into the phone orientation-follow-mode thing. Hope this helps you!

Keep 'em coming in 2019 Rocco.

At this rate, you might be the next Casey in the future, considiring the timeline history he has had.

Ok, ok, pipe down.;)

Happy New Year to you, your family, and your friends that help you out along the way.

Thanks for sharing your past year for us all to share.
Thanks lol, can't wait for what's to come!

Reactions: Spark 317
On the controller, there's kind of a knob thing on the back that allows you to control the gimbal pitch. If your flying with just the phone then you can adjust it by taping in the bottom left or switching into the phone orientation-follow-mode thing. Hope this helps you!
Great, thanks. I wondered what that was for. I’m so impressed with this little aircraft.

Reactions: Rocco Germani
Neat idea Rocco. You got me thinking ...

I did a PAD project the year I retired using mostly my DSLR. I started exactly a year before my retirement date. PAD = Picture A Day. I have always wanted to try it with a drone but bad weather days makes this next to impossible. Now that I have a Tello to add to my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard, this is now actually possibe.

PAD projects often help you improve your picture taking skills because they force you to look for something to photograph every day. I mostly use my Spark and other drones to take photos, but you video has inspired me to try it with video. There is an iOS app called 1SE (1 Second Everyday) that assembles 1second clips into a long clip of however many days you want. I think I’ll start on New Years and see if I can do it for a year. I think it will be a cool way to document 2019 using only my drones.

Happy New Years
Chris

Boy that is a challenge. PAD.

I would run out of photo ops in about a month, unless I travel just a bit outside of my town, or outside of the box, so to speak.

What an incentive (and excuse) to fly your Spark in a different part of town(s).

What do you think Spark Pilots?
Will you have something by the end of 2019 to show for a PAD?

Thanks for the sharing Chris.

Boy that is a challenge. PAD.

I would run out of photo ops in about a month, unless I travel just a bit outside of my town, or outside of the box, so to speak.

What an incentive (and excuse) to fly your Spark in a different part of town(s).

What do you think Spark Pilots?
Will you have something by the end of 2019 to show for a PAD?

Thanks for the sharing Chris.
When I did the PAD with my DSLR, I did find some days hard but I stuck with it. I still like looking at the pictures from that year.

Having a Tello now makes it easier for me to do either a PAD project or a 1SE project.

Chris

This is sort of a recap of what my year has been like. Everything was shot on my DJI Spark! Hope you all had a great 2018!
Really nice video, Rocco. It really has a lot of snap and pizzazz to it. I'm still amazed at how good of video the Spark has, at least visually to me. I was getting scared when you got so close to the water, but looks like you made it. Nice shots of the rowing team also. Marc.

Really nice video, Rocco. It really has a lot of snap and pizzazz to it. I'm still amazed at how good of video the Spark has, at least visually to me. I was getting scared when you got so close to the water, but looks like you made it. Nice shots of the rowing team also. Marc.
Yeah, I guess the way the video on the spark is makes it look like it's a lot closer to things than it really is. I was really about 4-6 feet above the water, and luckily the waves were calm. I'm glad you enjoyed!

Rocco Germani
This guy is awesome. He is so young but still a better pilot than most of us here and his editing skills are top notch too.
Next Casey Neistat or MKBHD for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex