Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

need help to identify a lost drone

bobbye

Join
Sep 28, 2018
Hello,

I found a drone in my son's closet while cleaning it,
he said he found it in the back yard about a year ago, put it in the closet and forgot about it,
I asked around the neighbors and no one lost it.

It looks in good shape, turns on, has a 3.7V 530mah lipo battery in it.

I am trying to figure what brand it is, maybe I can find a controller to fly it.
could you please take a look at the pictures, maybe you recognize it,
has a distinct look with those big eyes.

Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• drone1.jpg
    drone1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 68
  • drone2.jpg
    drone2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 58
  • drone3.jpg
    drone3.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 53
It looks like an inexpensive toy.

Does it have a camera? If so, it may have an SD card and you may be able to recognize the owner / area it was flown in.

If there is any kind of a model number on it, do a Google search and you may find out what it is and maybe get a remote.

A friend of mine found a small FPV drone on a golf course. I found the card and identified where it was launched from the pilots house and my buddy said he would return it next time on the course.

Although the drone was broken beyond repair, it was a $179. toy (model number search) and I'm sure the pilot will be surprised when the "RTH" works, even if it's a few months later.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Thanks Spark317
no camera, no sd card, nothing written on the body of the aircraft, looks like an older drone
maybe I'll open it and see what is written on the electronic circuits.

I have never seen one of those and I have seen a lot of toy quadcopters online. It looks like a really cheap one and if your son has had it in his closet for a year then I am positive that the original owner has written it off. To fly it, you would have to identify the brand and model and then search on eBay or do a Google search for that brand and model to see if a replacement controller is even available at all. All of that might not even be worth the trouble. Cheap Chinese quadcopters like that can be bought for nearly nothing on sites like Banggood or HobbyKing.

Check if it uses WiFi connection with smart devices.

If it is, maybe you can fly it, using some application, like XSW UFO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef