Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New DJI Go Update

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
New DJI GO Update released today. Very vague on what it fixes.

Reactions: Nikon1
You don't know what "Bug fixing." means? :D

Reactions: Mako79 and Nikon1
I've been a developer for many years too. While it was not uncommon to not disclose all of the bug fixes, we'd never release a public statement like that.

Reactions: Nikon1
I've been a developer for many years too. While it was not uncommon to not disclose all of the bug fixes, we'd never release a public statement like that.

Hmm . . . Seems like the (3) of us have similar backgrounds. I've been on a team for REDACTED as an exterminator for a number of years as well. Team reports are detailed while public facing statements are never revealed.

I did see this - which I've never noticed before:

"iOS Version v4.1.2.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus."

:cool:

I did see this - which I've ne re noticed before:

"iOS Version v4.1.2.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus."

:cool:
"This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus."
Possibly the move to 64bit

"This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus."
Possibly the move to 64bit

That actually happened with the 6 / 6 plus IIRC.

I'm thinking more processors / processing RAM in the latest versions.

333mb is one hell of a lot of bugs....or one very big one. ;)
Are you saying the new version is 333MB bigger than the old one? I'm guessing that's probably inaccurate.

Does anyone have any status report or update after installing GO 4 v4.1.3 for IOS?
Can you see any changes?
Are there any associated Firmware updates?

Are you saying the new version is 333MB bigger than the old one? I'm guessing that's probably inaccurate.

Nope, that wasn't what I was saying....I was saying the update size is 333mb. The actual application is 416.4. But it was supposed to be joke, anyway.....hence the little winky guy.

One thing I noticed is the speed of the camera pitch. I think it is a bit faster than before...

One thing I noticed is the speed of the camera pitch. I think it is a bit faster than before...
I hope not, that would be the opposite of a bug fix, as most everyone wants the camera gimbal to slow down and be less sensitive.

Reactions: dcpmark
Nope, that wasn't what I was saying....I was saying the update size is 333mb. The actual application is 416.4. But it was supposed to be joke, anyway.....hence the little winky guy.
Interesting. Didn't realize Apple had separate d/ls for updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena