Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New DJI Spark Firmware to be Released Soon - OTG Officially Supported (v01.00.1000)

We were talking what OTG cable impact, so it is no really same subject.
In theory you are right, now in practice itdepend if that noise is visible by the link to RC in term of amplitude and frequency.
The key element is the bluetooth. The wifi is not generating signal (if you don't set it an access point), the cellular link is on a totally different frequency band.
The bluetooth is generating disturbance on all channels of 2.4G wifi band. It will affect the Spark at power up as it will have the tendency to select 5.8G instead of 2.4G because of Bluetooth.
During connection. It can also create hang and disturbance if the band for Spark-RC is 2.4G when the Spark is at some distance and its signal decrease at RC reception.
So with Spark, any Bluetooth device is your enemy, with OTG cable or not.

Thank you for the reply.
Sorry if my response was out of topic, I thought that the range may be a feature of the OTG for that reason.
I have also heard that the RC uses one frecuency to the AC and the other to the Phone, for example, it uses the 2.4 to connect to the Phone, so uses the 5.8 to connect to the AC. In this example the 5.8 has less range...
Instead, using the OTG, you release both frecuencies to use with the AC.
Perhaps you have any knowledge about it.
In my particular case, I am not able to fly the spark without the OTG. Not even 1 meter. And using OTG I got 2.6km. This is my particular case using Moto G4PLUS.

Regards.

Thank you for the reply.
Sorry if my response was out of topic, I thought that the range may be a feature of the OTG for that reason.
I have also heard that the RC uses one frecuency to the AC and the other to the Phone, for example, it uses the 2.4 to connect to the Phone, so uses the 5.8 to connect to the AC. In this example the 5.8 has less range...
Instead, using the OTG, you release both frecuencies to use with the AC.
Perhaps you have any knowledge about it.
In my particular case, I am not able to fly the spark without the OTG. Not even 1 meter. And using OTG I got 2.6km. This is my particular case using Moto G4PLUS.

Regards.
Yes, there are sometimes strange things with wifi based connection. This is why higher end drones like Phantom, Mavic pro or Inspire are not based on just wifi. It is just unreliable. Personally I got between 300 and 1000 meters but it is always possible to fly some distance. I am in a CE country, you sound with 2.6 km to be in a FCC country.

Yes, there are sometimes strange things with wifi based connection. This is why higher end drones like Phantom, Mavic pro or Inspire are not based on just wifi. It is just unreliable. Personally I got between 300 and 1000 meters but it is always possible to fly some distance. I am in a CE country, you sound with 2.6 km to be in a FCC country.

2.6km with the Spark?
I hope they will mod this new fw to get both otg and fcc

I had the displeasure of upgrading to spark: 01.00.1000, rc: 01.00.0600 tonight.
I haven't had time to fly yet, because the upgrade hung/failed at least 10 times.
One thing I can report with certainty is that Android wifi/connection issues have not been corrected.

OTG working great after the upgrade. Before the upgrade I would bad video lag and breakup about 300 feet. Now out to 1200 with no issues at all.

I've done all the recent DJI Go 4 app updates and firmware updates. Using wifi between RC and Iphone it works great, no issues.

However plugging in an OTG cable, it connects but the connection drops in less than 30 seconds. (once right after takeoff...yikes)

The connection can't be restored unless rebooting the RC. Any insight? Thanks.

OTG works on the Apple devices - it does say "device may not be supported" when you plug it in.
It does not work on any of my Samsung devices - S7 Edge, Galaxy Note 2014, Galaxy Tab A
Dji support says OTG not yet officially supported and not all devices work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav