Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New favorite spot to fly

ol' Sparky

Join
Mar 10, 2019
Been flying for year in January, and finally found this place close to home to exercise ol' Sparky. Lots of room to fly without worrying about people beneath you. Lots of wildlife and scenery when the tide is out. Went out almost 1600 feet before turning back..my distance record. Only bad thing is...if she goes down, she's staying down. No way to recover out over the bay. I'd be that guy on the news trying to get my drone back but ending up having to be rescued from being stuck in mud up to my chest before the tide came in. Anyway...I've enjoyed watching all the videos here so decided to upload my first effort. Little jumpy in spots, and need to work on a smooth shot when circling, Other wise...not too bad. Always room for improvement.

Last edited:
WOW! What a great place to explore with a drone. Your vid could use a little music...you probably knew that though :cool:

Sir....
I have not yet watched your video.

That said....I apreciate the time you spent to provide a back drop to how the video came to be.

it shows a commitment to flying and honing your ability to fly....also known as our insanity of cheating gravity........

as of yet to view the video I applaud your post......it shows your ability to view past this modern day .....it’s all about a perfect you tube video mentality.....

I love you tube......and also recognize those who ......well know the effort and time it takes to get to a perfect you tube video.

Just my humble opinion........your mileage may vary......keep flying.....keep posting.

Mud Bay...seems like an appropriate name. I think you did a good job, especially for the first time out, very enjoyable. Keep 'em coming. Thanks for sharing.

What a great location to fly your drone. As the others have said, your video will look even better with some music and editing to, you know, trim and polish the rough portions. I know it can be a bit overwhelming for beginners to learn video editing but I can assure you that you will never regret the time invested in it. I was in the same spot (not literally) just a year ago. So keep flying and good luck with the next one.

Last edited:
Stunning landscape, watching your film n admiring nature is 'cooling down' everything from brain to toes... continue flying ! About the mentioned editing issues from fellow sparkers: dont worry about 'mistakes' you have made. Just enjoy what you have created n be sure, you will improve your skills with every new film. n isn't a pleasure to 'fly' a second time by editing !?
Btw: how/why did you lose your Spark ?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Thanx for all the comments. Added some Little River Band tracks for the audio. Don't think it was TOOO bad for a first effort. Will post again when I have some good footage. The scenery changes with the tides...always something new to record. Thanx to all that viewed. Happy flying!

That was Awsome. Great Music ,Great Video Great Location
Good job , Thank you.
***** star

Incredible spot with lots of different colours and textures, you'll definitely spend some time there getting footage, I know I would. Nice video mate.

We have a nice big bay where I live and I'm always nervous about flying over water and not being able to retrieve the drone if it went down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme