Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Firmware V 01.00.1000 (2018.07.19)

I think that you should have all connected, for the app to find if there are updates, and download them.

I want to ask, old versions of djigo4, are ok with new Fw?
Older versions of go4 works with newer updates. I'm using 4.1.15 and app notified of the new .0600 and .1000 firnware.

I am using Samsung galaxy note 8. I tried to use it with my otg cable but it only charges my phone. I have latest firmware updated to my spark
You try turning the cable around? Is one end the host, or are both ends same?

Thanks didn't think to check cable as its new, I just checked cable with something else and cable works so I tried spark rc again and noticed as you said the phone is charging from rc so I need to work out how to grant usb permission.
My amazon fire tablet charges off the RC. Have you figured out what was wrong? Maybe needs a cable with one end marked Host.

Last edited:
My amazon fire tablet charges off the RC. Have you figured out what was wrong? Maybe needs a cable with one end marked Host.
I haven't figured out yet, I tried reinstalling go4 app but didn't make a difference.
I have googled search a bit of stuff but nothing to help as yet, I'm not sure about the host bit.

I haven't figured out yet, I tried reinstalling go4 app but didn't make a difference.
I have googled search a bit of stuff but nothing to help as yet, I'm not sure about the host bit.
Its disappointing as I have done the rite thing as far as Dji is concerned by using wifi to connect rc to device all this time and finally they give the all clear for otg to android and it doesn't work for me but otg works on my ipad.
Surely its not that hard for the tech heads to have firmware that works for everyone and not just for some

Its disappointing as I have done the rite thing as far as Dji is concerned by using wifi to connect rc to device all this time and finally they give the all clear for otg to android and it doesn't work for me but otg works on my ipad.
Surely its not that hard for the tech heads to have firmware that works for everyone and not just for some

Actually it is.

Too many flavours of Android to contend with and many types of hardware, with Apple, you have very similar hardware all running the same OS version (pretty much)... that makes for greater stability and easier development. If you've got an Apple device, thats what I would fly with (and I do!)

Company I used to work for developed an online shipping tool, web based of course. Trouble was, just like above... you have..... Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Internet Exploree, Edge, Firefox, Safari.... you get the idea.... you cannot make it 100% smooth for all of those variables.

I'm an Android user (Pixel 2 XL) and the remote and spark firmwares installed successfully. I purchased an OTG cable from Amazon, plugged it in and I can't get it to work. I went into the phones developer options, turned on USB debugging and still no dice.
I want to see what all the hype is about now that OTG is supported for Android but so far no good.
Any recommendations?

I believe charging is normal. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and use an OTG cable that has a host end... my phone still charges from the RC.

Actually it is.

Too many flavours of Android to contend with and many types of hardware, with Apple, you have very similar hardware all running the same OS version (pretty much)... that makes for greater stability and easier development. If you've got an Apple device, thats what I would fly with (and I do!)

Company I used to work for developed an online shipping tool, web based of course. Trouble was, just like above... you have..... Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Internet Exploree, Edge, Firefox, Safari.... you get the idea.... you cannot make it 100% smooth for all of those variables.
I get it there is alot of variables but when there's a upgrade for Android you would think it would work for android, surely they test it on multiple android devices especially the popular ones like samsung etc, as long as device software and rc and aircraft are all upto date it should work imo

So have been chatting with dji support about my android to rc otg problem (not connecting just rc charging phone) and they went through a few steps with me Including
-Is everything upto date firmware/software YES.

-Is usb debugging on in phone YES.

-Restart phone while plugged into turned on rc, ok Still no connection.

-"dji"Your cable must not be compatible, ok what compatible cable can you recommend? (Dji spark goggles otg cable he said) ok so what cable do I use to plug into dji goggle otg? He could not recommend 1 and said he will get back to me weekday once discussed with R&D team.
Will let you know of the outcome once dji support gets back to me.
This is the cable I haveScreenshot_20180728-191632_eBay.jpeg

Last edited:
So have been chatting with dji support about my android to rc otg problem (not connecting just rc charging phone) and they went through a few steps with me Including
-Is everything upto date firmware/software YES.

-Is usb debugging on in phone YES.

-Restart phone while plugged into turned on rc, ok Still no connection.

-"dji"Your cable must not be compatible, ok what compatible cable can you recommend? (Dji spark goggles otg cable he said) ok so what cable do I use to plug into dji goggle otg? He could not recommend 1 and said he will get back to me weekday once discussed with R&D team.
Will let you know of the outcome once dji support gets back to me.
This is the cable I haveView attachment 6019
Is very simple to fix it!

I've been using the DJI OTG cable and a DJI 12" USB A to Micro USB or USB A to USB C cables with no issues at all.

Reactions: Matty J
Hi all.

Eight flights with it so far, no issues. Latest firmware, latest ios version, latest djigo4 on both android and ios devices.
Otg operates on both ios and android with zero occurences.

The only thing i noticed, was a longer wait time before aquiring full sattelite reception. Anyone else notices it?

Thx, good and safe flights evereyone [emoji106]

Hi all.

Eight flights with it so far, no issues. Latest firmware, latest ios version, latest djigo4 on both android and ios devices.
Otg operates on both ios and android with zero occurences.

The only thing i noticed, was a longer wait time before aquiring full sattelite reception. Anyone else notices it?

Thx, good and safe flights evereyone [emoji106]
The same for me except I don’t use android. I’ve noticed long satellite locks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast