Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Owner...

Sparkbart

Join
Jul 1, 2017
Picked up my Spark yesterday. There weren't any "Fly-More" combos but wanted the remote, hub, and an extra battery, so bought them separately rather than wait.

Been flying drones for a few years. I fly AP and FPV drones. I like tech.

Current AP drones are; Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Inspire 1.
Current FPV Drones; QAV-R, Quadrysteria Crosbones 5", Blade Torrent 110, Blade Inductrix FPV Pro.

With all that said, I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right decision buying the Spark after perusing this forum. I bought the Spark because of Gesture mode and the ability to control it via my Iphone or Ipad.

But I'm finding the Gesture Mode to be finicky and I couldn't bring it back down with a gesture and resorted to using the Iphone. And yes I read the manual and watched videos making sure the lights were blinking the correct colors as I stepped through the face and palm recognition. I didn't realize that distance was limited if you aren't using the remote. So thats a bit of downer. Not that I was planning on flying very far with the Spark. I wanted it for what I thought it was; a "selfie" drone.

Admittedly, its my fault for not doing a more thorough job researching the Spark. But I think the Gesture mode, which is a discriminating factor should have worked much better...

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

I couldn't bring it back down with a gesture and resorted to using the Iphone.
I have trouble with this one too sometimes (not sure why). The other gestures work pretty consistently for me. While gesture mode is a neat feature, it's kind of scary not knowing what the drone is doing. I prefer to be connected via the mobile device and/or remote controller.

Reactions: Sparkbart
Jedi (Gesture) mode was cool when I first got the Spark, but the novelty wore off quickly and my success rate was about 60%. DJI must have done a LOT of editing on the promo videos when they depict people hanging off cliffs taking selfies. I tried flying w/o using a RC, but the I couldn't get use to the virtual joysticks. All in all, the Spark doesn't have the feel of a cheap "selfie" drone and I'm sure the "kinks" will get worked out in future FW updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme