Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark coming?

Never seen it sold out around my place since initial availability.
Lucky you, I ran from store to store till I found one that had spark, and I had to wait a few weeks more for the RC, as that was even harder to get and fly more combo would have taken 6 weeks longer..

+1

There was never a "shortage" or a wait less for the Spark my area. The local DJI store does brisk business and are usually out of the hot items like the goggles. I had no issues walking in and buying a Spark. While I had to check back frequently for the Goggles. The Mavic was a different story as were the goggles.

The Tello IS being marketed as TOY, a learning toy. Its marketed to get "kids" into STEM type activities...

Never seen it sold out around my place since initial availability.

Thank god...
I think the spark is a sweet little drone, I have a mavic and love flying and filming with the spark. The only thing I think that would make it better is a 3 axis gimble. If the new dji drone sells at $500 I'm in, otherwise, meh....

Since DJI might include controller, it might be $699.
Spark combo is $599 for most of places now so $699 is about right. I like spark but prefer 21min and foldable option for Mavic Air.

Mavic Air

It kind of looks like the Spark is no more. There will now be another line of the Mavic.

+ 1, I also think the Spark was a shiny lure to reel in more potential buyers to the DJI side that normally wouldn't have purchased a drone costing more than $1k.

Is the Spark a dead product now or do you think we eventually see a Spark 2? For me the Mavic Air is too close to the Mavic Pro. I actually think the Spark for all its limitations has a unique place in my collection. I like the ability to hand launch from anywhere. It is still smaller than the Air unfolded and less intimidating. What do others think?

Is the Spark a dead product now or do you think we eventually see a Spark 2? For me the Mavic Air is too close to the Mavic Pro. I actually think the Spark for all its limitations has a unique place in my collection. I like the ability to hand launch from anywhere. It is still smaller than the Air unfolded and less intimidating. What do others think?
Really the Mavic air should have been named Spark pro or 2. I think the air more resembles the Spark in looks and features than it does the Mavic. Personally I figured the new quad would incorporate features of both the Spark and the Mavic and have a new name. Well it appears Dji has done that but named it the Mavic Air instead of a new name. Probably a marketing strategy for the price point. I've only had my Spark for 10 days and I'm thrilled I didnt buy the Mavic because I started to buy both at the same time since I couldn't decide which one to get. I really like my Spark but I have to get get the Mavic Air. The Air looks like THE drone to have. Coming soon to my house... [emoji1] [emoji106][emoji106]

I have both the Spark and Mavic Pro. I am undecided on whether to get the Air or not (although I already pre-ordered the Black FM). The Air just doesn't seem to be better than either one at certain things. It is a tweener that is a good (even great) mix but lacks the best features of each individually.

I have both the Spark and Mavic Pro. I am undecided on whether to get the Air or not (although I already pre-ordered the Black FM). The Air just doesn't seem to be better than either one at certain things. It is a tweener that is a good (even great) mix but lacks the best features of each individually.
That's a good way of describing it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502