Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New spark owner concerning noise

edlloyd

Join
Oct 9, 2018
Hello all. new spark owner and new pilot. love it so far. getting used to all the modes camera, etc. i was letting the spark sit there powered on so i could go through all the app settings and learn them, as you all know some aren't there when there is no connection to the craft. noticed something today when i picked it up. the fan is running, but i also noticed a second noise that to me sounds like an old servo. first thing i thought of was the gimball motor. the noise goes right a long with the movement of the gimbal. but it isn't that. it is something internally. when i hold the spark in my hand, powered on, and pitch it left/right or forward/backward, you can here a distinct motor whine, secondary to the blowing fan. a few posts i saw about it said it was normal. any thoughts?

Hello all. new spark owner and new pilot. love it so far. getting used to all the modes camera, etc. i was letting the spark sit there powered on so i could go through all the app settings and learn them, as you all know some aren't there when there is no connection to the craft. noticed something today when i picked it up. the fan is running, but i also noticed a second noise that to me sounds like an old servo. first thing i thought of was the gimball motor. the noise goes right a long with the movement of the gimbal. but it isn't that. it is something internally. when i hold the spark in my hand, powered on, and pitch it left/right or forward/backward, you can here a distinct motor whine, secondary to the blowing fan. a few posts i saw about it said it was normal. any thoughts?
The noise your hearing is the servo motors trying to keep the gimble steady as you shake it around..

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I have s similar fan to that in the drone just laying in my tool box, even I power it on and pitch it left, right or any direction it makes exactly the same sound my spark makes. It's the like when you take a bicycle wheel and spin it. Centrifugal force. If I'm right?

Yes that noise sounds familiar to mine too. I always thought was gimble motors or something keeping camera stable. Shouldn’t be anything to be concerned about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast