Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newb from North Carolina

Today's goody of the day is.....haha. pictures speak for themselves, although I can't leave well enough alone, I removed the headphone jack from it, and filed it down flush, and mounted it to the landing gear, so I didnt have to worry about mounting directly to the battery. I mounted with velcro, although I'm thinking about just applying the light housing directly to the landing gear with epoxy20200106_154346.jpg20200106_144036.jpg20200106_152541.jpg20200106_151221.jpg

Today's goody of the day is.....haha. pictures speak for themselves, although I can't leave well enough alone, I removed the headphone jack from it, and filed it down flush, and mounted it to the landing gear, so I didnt have to worry about mounting directly to the battery. I mounted with velcro, although I'm thinking about just applying the light housing directly to the landing gear with epoxyView attachment 12255View attachment 12256View attachment 12257View attachment 12258

I suggest a very short test flight.

I had a very erratic 30 second flight when I had my Flytron strobon cree mounted in the same spot on my Spark.

The intense light from the strobe flash affected the VPS and the Spark hopped up and down in the air less than 20 feet AGL, and the landing was rough.

Your light may not be as bright as the strobe ( 3 mile visibility), but it still might effect the VPS.

Good luck.

Reactions: RotorWash
Yea, I was looking at Firehouse technology strobes, but for $4 bucks on ebay, I figured I couldn't go wrong for now. Will likely invest in some nicer ones soon. I do like how this one has 3 different brightness settings, I figure if graywoulf's setup didn't have any issues, I should be fine. will report back tonight.

Maiden voyage went great, did about a 5 minute flight, and in order, the lights on the ground, just hovering over concrete, and in the last 3, 100, 200, and finally 400 feet up. The moon decided to make an appearance in those pics. No adverse side effects noted.

Attachments

• 20200106_211927.jpg
    20200106_211927.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I assume the light is ON and not blinking?

That is very beneficial when it comes to landing in the dark.

The Mavic 2's have a landing light to assist the VPS during night landings and / or night flight.

I have to shine a flashlight on the ground so the Spark can see the landing area in the dark.

Good job. ?

Just dropping in, new guy from Southern NC, dipping my feet into the hobby. Always had an interest in drones, but never thought I could afford it. Decided to pick up a JJRC X9 Heron last month, for starters, and realized how much I enjoyed the act of flying, but the overall experience just seemed bland. After researching into the Spark, I saw how much more it offered, so I decided to go a little deeper, so I picked up a secondhand Spark Fly More combo off of eBay, along with another $100 worth of accessories, and now I'm here. I've had it for a few days now, and I'm loving it! Hope to pick up alot of tips, tricks, and help provide some insight along the way!
Where in southern NC are you? I am flying a Spark in Charlotte and really enjoying it.

Laurinburg, a couple of hours down 74 from you. Sparky has been out of commission for a week or so now. We welcomed our little one into the world last Sunday, Hope to get it airborne soon

Super jealous that we dont have many points of interest down here, like you do up there, Panthers Stadium, Knights Stadium, the Speedway...man. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying Flynn
Laurinburg, a couple of hours down 74 from you. Sparky has been out of commission for a week or so now. We welcomed our little one into the world last Sunday, Hope to get it airborne soon

Super jealous that we dont have many points of interest down here, like you do up there, Panthers Stadium, Knights Stadium, the Speedway...man. lol.
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Get yourself a little airtime, it will help you deal with all the changes.

A little bit of an update. I picked up a previously loved Mavic Pro, and I'm currently contemplating whether or not to hang onto the Spark.

A little bit of an update. I picked up a previously loved Mavic Pro, and I'm currently contemplating whether or not to hang onto the Spark.

Congratulations on your purchase. ?

If it was me, I'd keep it.

The Spark is convenient for a quick flight to capture content if time is a factor.

But I tend to hang on to stuff once I have it.

Wanna buy a VCR? ?

I know, I have so much crap stashed at my parents house, I'm trying to stop that old habit, it is tough to beat the ease and quickness of getting the spark up in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme