Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newbie: a couple of questions

John Lauer

Join
Jan 4, 2018
1) it appears that I need to be connected to the aircraft in order to change some DJI go Fly 4 settings. Is this correct? Why? Cant you change the settings and they just update when the connection is made?
2) it is cold and windy out so I decided to fly it first in “Beginner Mode” in my House. High ceilings. It usually works but on occasion the drone starts floating away and does not hover or respond to the Remote Contoller. It has drifted into the Christmas tree and the TV more than once. Why do I lose control? Does my phone drop the WiFi to the spark? Is there interference with my home WiFi? I tried using the OTG direct connect from the RC to the iPhone but had similar issues.

it appears that I need to be connected to the aircraft in order to change some DJI go Fly 4 settings. Is this correct?
Yes. DJI GO must be connected to the Spark in order to see/set most of the settings (since they are stored on the Spark).

It usually works but on occasion the drone starts floating away and does not hover or respond to the Remote Contoller.
Flying inside small spaces is not a great idea. When indoors, the Spark most likely won't be able to fly with the assistance of GPS and/or might have a hard time hovering in place if the lighting conditions are poor.

Reactions: John Lauer
1)Yes you need to be connected to the AC in order to make changes.
2)The non DJI supported OTG only gives you a connection from phone/tablet to the RC. You still have wifi from RC to Spark, thus you might be getting wifi interference. Also when flying indoors there is typically no GPS so the Spark is relying on VPS

1) it appears that I need to be connected to the aircraft in order to change some DJI go Fly 4 settings. Is this correct? Why? Cant you change the settings and they just update when the connection is made?
2) it is cold and windy out so I decided to fly it first in “Beginner Mode” in my House. High ceilings. It usually works but on occasion the drone starts floating away and does not hover or respond to the Remote Contoller. It has drifted into the Christmas tree and the TV more than once. Why do I lose control? Does my phone drop the WiFi to the spark? Is there interference with my home WiFi? I tried using the OTG direct connect from the RC to the iPhone but had similar issues.

First of all, DJI does not support OTG for the Spark -- period. Funny stuff tends to happen with it (depending on which device, which firmware version, which GO4 version, etc.) so my advice is just don't use it.

I fly the Spark indoors all the time. Never had that problem, though. Beginner Mode is really for outdoor use. Try taking it off Beginner Mode for indoor flight and see if you have the same problems. Also, it does best over a hard surface that has a pattern.

First of all, DJI does not support OTG for the Spark -- period. Funny stuff tends to happen with it (depending on which device, which firmware version, which GO4 version, etc.) so my advice is just don't use it.

I fly the Spark indoors all the time. Never had that problem, though. Beginner Mode is really for outdoor use. Try taking it off Beginner Mode for indoor flight and see if you have the same problems. Also, it does best over a hard surface that has a pattern.
Do you have a steady GPS signal indoors? What mode do you fly indoors? Is it faster than “Beginer Mode”? Does it have “obstacle avoidance” active?

. High ceilings

Be careful when you get close to them.

The prop wash will suck your Spark up to the ceiling like a upside down air hockey puck.

Shocking and funny at the same time.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar