Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newcastle pilot.

Hey fellow sparky...have had mine since December....newcastle is pretty screwed when it comes to drones. Our no fly zone is huge because of the RAF base. Good flying means going for a drive. Check the no fly app and see what oir restrictions are. Having said that, we also have some of the best forest, beach and historic areas. We really are spoilt for choice. What sort of photography are you in to?

Reactions: Terryible
Hey fellow sparky...have had mine since December....newcastle is pretty screwed when it comes to drones. Our no fly zone is huge because of the RAF base. Good flying means going for a drive. Check the no fly app and see what oir restrictions are. Having said that, we also have some of the best forest, beach and historic areas. We really are spoilt for choice. What sort of photography are you in to?

yeah thanks for that, i'm still very much an amateur when is comes to flying and photographer, so currently i'm just sticking to auto mode.

Yes the RAF is tricky, I went up to Nelson Bay yesterday and took my sparky with me, check the no fly app and no luck anywhere in that region

The curse of Newcastle...
I do a lot of low level flying..below 30 meters. That doesnt seem to upset anybody since the radar doesnt pick it up at that level. I can understand flying at 400 feet in those areas is a big problem, I dont need to fly that high to get great shots. Some low level shots can be very dramatic, ponds, beach breaks etc. Do yourself a real favour and try flying at normal setting. The R/C really is the best way to fly, and just take it easy. The spark is the most responsive drone I've ever had. Yes it can be a beast but only if you overextend your own
Abilities.
Having said that, dont stress fly slow fly low and enjoy the flight. In your line of work you would be in a position to have some fantastic flights. Hope that all makes sense. Enjoy

Just a small piece of handy knowledge...to remove any flying anxiety..on the remote control the red cancel button will stop all comands to the drone instantly...and it will hover untill you tell it what to do next. Best button for beginers. Use it if you get nervous and stay in line of sight. Practice practice practice. They are a lot of fun but you need to be able to fly by instinct. Low and slow, you cant go wrong. Hope that helped.

The curse of Newcastle...
I do a lot of low level flying..below 30 meters. That doesnt seem to upset anybody since the radar doesnt pick it up at that level. I can understand flying at 400 feet in those areas is a big problem, I dont need to fly that high to get great shots. Some low level shots can be very dramatic, ponds, beach breaks etc. Do yourself a real favour and try flying at normal setting. The R/C really is the best way to fly, and just take it easy. The spark is the most responsive drone I've ever had. Yes it can be a beast but only if you overextend your own
Abilities.
Having said that, dont stress fly slow fly low and enjoy the flight. In your line of work you would be in a position to have some fantastic flights. Hope that all makes sense. Enjoy

Yeah thanks for all that, I have started using on normal setting, and I do stress out a bit if i go to high or far. The more I fly the more confident I will get.
Unfortunately these days i'm stuck more in the office based in Honeysuckle, I look across the harbour and wish I could fly around here.

Just a small piece of handy knowledge...to remove any flying anxiety..on the remote control the red cancel button will stop all comands to the drone instantly...and it will hover untill you tell it what to do next. Best button for beginers. Use it if you get nervous and stay in line of sight. Practice practice practice. They are a lot of fun but you need to be able to fly by instinct. Low and slow, you cant go wrong. Hope that helped.

That's a great tip, it would of helped my when I was testing out s-mode, almost flew it into some trees, **** sparky is very nippy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers