Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Night shots

I just tried doing night shots recently. I am trying long exposure which bites with only a 2 second shutter speed but still turns out good. The ISO is set at 100.

Stunning shots..!

Last edited:
I am a new Spark owner and took it out for some night pics for the first time. I saw the setting that were posted in here and I am pleased with what I got for starters.

Attachments

• DJI_0072.JPG
    DJI_0072.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 151
  • DJI_0070.JPG
    DJI_0070.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 145
Some really great shots there. Not much light out by me to make it worth going up for night shots unless there is a full moon. Interested to try it out though as the shots on here look clean with very little to no motion blur!

View attachment 5330 Keep in mind that night shots may not always be the best thing to do, as you lose a lot of details in the sky... This picture was taken 25 to 30 minutes after sunset, and still looks nice, and having a sky for the background to boot.

I usually set the lowest shutter speed that I dare, with no wind. (so far, anything under 1/5sec has been blurry)
I also use the compensation as needed until it looks decent on the screen.
Still a great shots!

Reactions: tmarez
Great Pics from everyone ,just happened to take theese just after sun set lastnite . Iwas trying to get a really cool sunset but I just missed it.

Attachments

• DJI_0494.JPG
    DJI_0494.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: Ron_Dog and Weazel
Great Pics from everyone ,just happened to take theese just after sun set lastnite . Iwas trying to get a really cool sunset but I just missed it.

That's one nice thing about a flying camera, you can rise or lower a bit to get a sun rise/set if within a certain amount of time.:)

Reactions: tmarez
There’s no “right” or “wrong” way to take night shots. Suggesting so is an arbitrary (blanket) statement. Experimentation and practice allow us to apply our own techniques and skills in order to create images that we’re happy with. The Spark is somewhat idiot-proof in that it can take decent pictures on auto mode under most conditions. My best advice is to go out with several fully charged batteries (at night), and experiment with different settings. Eventually, you’ll find what works best for you.

Reactions: Weazel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex