Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Fly zones - tell me about them

Martin Lines

Join
Aug 10, 2017
Loc
United Kingdom
So I got my Spark on Thursday. I have been happily flying around the field at the back of my house in "Beginner Mode" for a couple of days.

This evening I decided to switch off Beginner mode so that I could start on some of the Intelligent Flight Modes.

However, the Intelligent flight modes would not work with a Yellow warning appearing on the left hand side of the screen stating that Authorisation was required for the flying zone.

I looked up the flying zone on the DJI website. Picture 1 shows the "Enhanced Warning Zone" and you can see the blue cross (my location) is outside this zone

Picture 2 shows the "Warning Zone" and you can see I am inside this zone.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out as it is perfectly safe to fly in this location.

Also "Gesture Mode" also appeared to stop working. It is enabled and it was happy to recognise my face but would not actually do any commands at all? Is this related to the Fly Zone?

2017-08-18 (1).png

2017-08-18 (2).png

So I got my Spark on Thursday. I have been happily flying around the field at the back of my house in "Beginner Mode" for a couple of days.

This evening I decided to switch off Beginner mode so that I could start on some of the Intelligent Flight Modes.

However, the Intelligent flight modes would not work with a Yellow warning appearing on the left hand side of the screen stating that Authorisation was required for the flying zone.

I looked up the flying zone on the DJI website. Picture 1 shows the "Enhanced Warning Zone" and you can see the blue cross (my location) is outside this zone

Picture 2 shows the "Warning Zone" and you can see I am inside this zone.

Is there anything I can do to sort this out as it is perfectly safe to fly in this location.

Also "Gesture Mode" also appeared to stop working. It is enabled and it was happy to recognise my face but would not actually do any commands at all? Is this related to the Fly Zone?

View attachment 958

View attachment 959
What is your proximity to Blackbusche EGLK which is probably the reason.
Your location looks very close and without looking at sectionals its difficult to know?
DJI's 'Numpty Zones' are flawed since they are poor approximations of CTR and AIAA's
The only true way to know whether you are safe to fly is to get used to reading sectional air charts with the correct overlays.

We are not that close to blackbush. Being ex-NATS and closely associated with flying still I am happy with the location and based on the DJI map is only a warning area not an authorisation area. I guess I will have to move elsewhere or unlock the zone

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502