Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

'No Signal' on initial connection

Pinthenet

Join
Mar 27, 2018
Loc
Aargau, Switzerland
I'm having problems with initial connection and it seems to get worse.
Normally I start the Spark then the RC and when I get the green light I connect the OTG cable (tablet/smartphone first, then RC). The Go 4 main page says I'm connected but when I select 'Go Fly' the display shows 'No Signal' top left. I then have to power off/on the Spark then the RC, or some other combination until it's good. Does 'No Signal' refer to smartphone-RC or RC-Spark?

I first saw it last week when flying outside. Indoors there was never an issue but since the weekend it happens indoors too. Yesterday it also showed 'no signal' as I was landing

- The problem may have started after I tried to switch the WiFi from 5.8 to 2.4GHz, although it retuned itself to 5.8 and Auto anyway.
- I've seen the probem with DJO Go 4.2.8 although it seems to occur more often since 4.2.12, maybe because I'm flying more.
- It happened with Wireless before I switched to OTG connection with 4.2.12. Maybe I should test WiFi again
- I use a Huawei M5 tablet and for the last couple of days an old OnePlus One, I'll test the M5 again.

(writing this I realise I have changed quite a few parameters and need to go back to my initial setup)

Anyone experienced similar problems, any ideas? I coudn't find a matching description in the Forum.

Is there a factory reset option for the Spark, in case I screwed something up? I couldn't find it so far

Thanks in advance
John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast