Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Not your typical beautiful video

Hey, like the real pilots say, "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. If you can still fly the aircraft, well, that's just a bonus!"

Yes, there is lesson in there, somewhere. I think I'll go into Litchi and change my home point to "Dynamic." I'm sure there is a downside to that too. When I find it, I'll be sure to post the video.

I think I need a bigger Pause button. I already have BRIGHT yellow tape around it to help me find it in an emergency..

I wish you could have seen it. It didn't just bounce off of the wires. It tumbled. Actually, I'm surprised that it didn't shut down, because it was completely upside down both times. I ran under it to catch it before it hit the ground, but it recovered and headeb back up before it got that low. It looked like it finally got the Pause command about the time it hit the 2nd time. One of the nav light lenses popped off, but I recovered it and popped it back into place. Other than minor marks on the props it looks fine. It flies as well as ever. You will have to just accept my word that it was pretty good entertainment, because NO encore performances are planned.

I ran under it to catch it

You really don't want to do that at no matter how low the altitude.
Too much can go wrong.
But not as wrong when one of my home made craft came down from 400ft
I saw the damage after the crash and thought if only I could run under it and catch it.
But then I read the telemetry logs and was like "NOPE!"
The last second before impact, the craft was traveling 158mph

Nice to know that the Spark can recover like that! Glad nothing really broke and no one got hurt

You really don't want to do that at no matter how low the altitude.
Too much can go wrong.
But not as wrong when one of my home made craft came down from 400ft
I saw the damage after the crash and thought if only I could run under it and catch it.
But then I read the telemetry logs and was like "NOPE!"
The last second before impact, the craft was traveling 158mph

Was it a pile of rubble after? Must have trashed it pretty good at that speed. This is part of the reason I tend to evangelize on safety to the newer pilots (like myself included)... its a projectile no matter which direction its moving. (teenagers, please re-read that line a few times).:eek:;):)

Oh my! Quite the predicament I would say. Let us know how that came out.

Oh my! Quite the predicament I would say. Let us know how that came out.

All is well.

It's a staged photo, not photoshopped (I don't know how to do that, lol).

Just a message to the pilots out there to be aware of your airspace or you could end up like the posted scenario or worse.

Possible powere outage to a few or thousands.

Fly safe.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: graywoulf
Still a scary picture for me anyway as I have lots of high tension power lines next door to me. Thanks for the update and explanation.:)

Still a scary picture for me anyway as I have lots of high tension power lines next door to me. Thanks for the update and explanation.:)
Come live in the netherlands! Our soil is so mushy, we buried all lines in it, except for the real high voltage stuff. We have other problems, but power/phone, etc. lines usually aren’t part of it!

(And still, our Airforce’s Apaches have already cut our power lines twice! )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar