Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

O-ring on Spark

IPedro

Join
Oct 28, 2018
I heard that you can put an o ring instead of a battery clip to protect the spark battery from falling. How do you fit a #141 o ring in the spark? How does it work? I haven’t found any video on YouTube explaining anything about the o ring. Can anyone help saying everything you know about o rings on spark please?

This is an example with a rubber band.

The O ring works well.

20180617_090129.jpg

You may have to remove the props if it's too tight to stretch around the motors.

Reactions: alditenen
effective cheap and works great from ebay can charge and check sd without taking it of

I had one of those but prefer to fly with prop guards on and the one I had wouldn't let me do that.

I modified my clip with a Dremal took so it would fit along with the guards but with repeated use it broke from not having the structural integrity before I modified it.

Rather than purchasing another one, or one that may work, I went with the O ring and so far so good.:)

I use a clip and are happy with it. I wouldn't use an elastic band because they are prone to breaking with age. A elastic band could flip up into a prop and bring your spark down. An o ring would be more durable

An o ring would be more durable

I agree.

The picture I used was an example of how to put the O ring on.

At the time I took the picture I was using a clip and not the ring, but now that my clip broke from being modified to fit with the prop guards, I use an O ring.

Reactions: DameEdnaBrown
So - what size o-ring and where to buy?
I use the clips but every single one I've seen has a sharp inner corner that will eventually fail from stress.
Yes - I've had two fail so far. They should have used a radius on those joints.

So - what size o-ring and where to buy?
I use the clips but every single one I've seen has a sharp inner corner that will eventually fail from stress.
Yes - I've had two fail so far. They should have used a radius on those joints.

#141 o-ring,, I bought a 10 pack for 2 bucks and change at Grainger.

Reactions: Brojon
#141 o-ring,, I bought a 10 pack for 2 bucks and change at Grainger.
They list three different materials - anything specific? I'm figuring silicone for stretchability since the other two are listed as medium hard.

I got the silicone and couldn't be happier - perfect for the Spark. It's even easy to move out of teh way to swap the battery.
Perfect! Thanks for the referral.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh