Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

One Spark and two controllers?

Zoedoggy

Join
May 27, 2018
Loc
Valparaiso,Indiana
If I paired my controller with my spark and flew to my neighbors about a mile away and he also had a controller, could he pair my spark and fly it back to me?

Yes, you can pair any Spark remote controller with any Spark.

The challenge would be safely landing it without the remote controller disconnecting.

No, only one controller can be paired at a time.
At least that is what I was told when I was going the other route - One controller to be paired to two sparks.
Had to sync controller to each Spark.

No, only one controller can be paired at a time.
Yep! But, it sounds like the OP is saying his neighbor is going to pair his remote controller after the first landing. That would certainly be doable if the Spark safely lands.

Yep! But, it sounds like the OP is saying his neighbor is going to pair his remote controller after the first landing. That would certainly be doable if the Spark safely lands.

Cannot be done.
Why?
Spark is not going to pick up both controllers of you go through the sync process.
First one that hits will be synced.
Then go through the process again for the other controller and the first one will lose sync.

Spark is not going to pick up both controllers of you go through the sync process.
First one that hits will be synced.
Then go through the process again for the other controller and the first one will lose sync.
Check out the OP's post above. This is exactly what he's describing. When the Spark gets back to him, he could pair his remote controller again if he wants to reconnect it to the Spark.

Check out the OP's post above. This is exactly what he's describing. When the Spark gets back to him, he could pair his remote controller again if he wants to reconnect it to the Spark.

Read closely...he WANTS to.
He is asking if it can be done.

He wants to pair 2 controllers, send one controller to a friend's house.
Fly the Spark to his friend's house and his friend gains control with the controller he has for landing.

Not going to happen.

He wants to pair 2 controllers, send one controller to a friend's house.
Fly the Spark to his friend's house and his friend gains control with the controller he has for landing.
The OP's post states nothing like this. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
The scenario I was describing is.....I fly my spark to my neighbors. His remote isn't paired with it yet. I land on his patio and shut off my controller. He goes out and shuts off my spark. When he is ready, he pairs his controller with my spark and flys it back to me then shuts off his controller. Should work yeah?

The scenario I was describing is.....I fly my spark to my neighbors. His remote isn't paired with it yet. I land on his patio and shut off my controller. He goes out and shuts off my spark. When he is ready, he pairs his controller with my spark and flys it back to me then shuts off his controller. Should work yeah?

now that will work

How about this scenario...one remote, two batteries.

Fly to the distention and land. Power off the Spark, swap batteries, fire up the Spark, wait for the green light on the remote and launch with a fresh battery.

Assuming he doesn't lose connection when descending below the horizon when landing at the destination, that may cause a RTH to the original launch spot.
If all is good, the Spark should reconnect with the remote after the battery change and the pilot could launch from the remote location and fly it back to the original spot. Keep in mind the HP is now reset to spot #2.

I don't know if the Spark and the remote will hook up together at that distance at ground level but it reconnects in the air at times when there's a loss of signal.

I've powered up the Spark in the back yard once,walked to the front yard with the house between us, turned on the remote and it connected and was able to launch the Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex