Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Oregon REALLY New Pilot-Hello!

deeve

Join
Jan 3, 2018
Hello all. Got my first "real" drone yesterday after a long time of wanting one. I went back and forth but ultimately decided on a Spark fly more pack. I also picked up hard case too since I know how my luck goes. Tried it a little in the house last night. It was fun...scary but fun! I am using an iPhone 7 plus with the OTG cable as recommended by my dealer.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Dave

Reactions: twidmer
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: deeve
Welcome and I would be a little cautious using the OTG cable as it's not yet supported by DJI

Welcome and I would be a little cautious using the OTG cable as it's not yet supported by DJI
What kind of issues might I expect with the cable? It was my understanding that it was more reliable than the wifi phone connection.

What kind of issues might I expect with the cable? It was my understanding that it was more reliable than the wifi phone connection.
For starters if your using the latest updates for Android the OTG won't work at all. Now others my chime in and recommend "rolling back" to previous versions which I would not do.

There's been a lot of drama about the OTG thing. You'll notice there's no mention of it in the manual, but back on the past people with connection problems, especially on android, noticed that it worked and started recommending it, to the point where if you look at YouTube videos or whatever you get people raving about it and new buyers tend to see it as a must have.

The problem is DJI doesn't actually seem to test it (or perhaps are trying to discourage people from using it) and build to build there's always a lot of what broke, what came back, blah blah. Current recommendation especially on the iPhone seems to be more like try it without FIRST and only go to OTG if you're actually having problems, and understand that there may be drawbacks.

Recent issues include some information just not showing up (height/distance) or being unable to change some settings.

Reactions: deeve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast