Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

original spark case hack :)

ilanlichten

Join
Apr 2, 2019
first, sorry about my bad english
i made a little hack in the original spark case so i can charge my spark inside his close case in a secure way if i will need to charge it in my car or my backpack with a power bank.
all i needed to do is a little crack in the case for the cable, and a 90 degree shape micro usb.
i added pics.
hope it can help :)

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 226.jpg
    226.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 149
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, ilanlichten.

It's cool when people do custom stuff to make life simpler.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: ilanlichten
first, sorry about my bad english
i made a little hack in the original spark case so i can charge my spark inside his close case in a secure way if i will need to charge it in my car or my backpack with a power bank.
all i needed to do is a little crack in the case for the cable, and a 90 degree shape micro usb.
i added pics.
hope it can help :)

Awesome idea.
But personally I would not want all of the "fuel" around that battery just in case it decides to short during charging and catch fire.

Extremely rare mind you...but always a possibility.

My only concern would be the heat build up while the lid is closed. The body of the spark gets pretty warm while charging. I don't think that keeping it sealed up for one battery charging up would be so bad, but I wonder if not allowing the heat to dissipate frequently could affect or maybe even do some of the discreet components damage...just a thought...I'm no engineer...
Not trying to be a Donny-Downer, it is a pretty cool hack.

Bad heat dissipation aside, this looks like a very neat hack. Thanks for sharing your idea with us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast