Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG and selecting wifi bands

goixiz

Join
May 5, 2018
I am using OTG all the time - but there is the screen that displays wifi bands
Whats the best way to select the best communication channel ? And by this selection am i selecting the communication between my AC and the RC ? So to get max dist (<1km) without breakup on my device i should select 2.4G ?
TIA

Yes, those settings relate to the RC and the AC. If you re using OTG, you should disable wifi and BT on your mobile device. Look for the band that shows the least activity (none preferably) then select the matching channel number below it. Once you commit, it will briefly restart the wifi connection between the RC and the Spark. 2.4 will give you better range, but is more susceptible to interference if you are in a city/town with lots of wifi enabled homes. Many conditions will affect your range, such as terrain, trees, elevation between you and the drone, so your results may vary.

If you have a smart watch, turn it off or leave it at home. BT is evil.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Yes, those settings relate to the RC and the AC. If you re using OTG, you should disable wifi and BT on your mobile device. Look for the band that shows the least activity (none preferably) then select the matching channel number below it. Once you commit, it will briefly restart the wifi connection between the RC and the Spark. 2.4 will give you better range, but is more susceptible to interference if you are in a city/town with lots of wifi enabled homes. Many conditions will affect your range, such as terrain, trees, elevation between you and the drone, so your results may vary.

If you have a smart watch, turn it off or leave it at home. BT is evil.
Thank you for info
Is it possible to select phone and tablet wifi to 5.8 and not interfere with my AC-RC @ 2.4G

Personally I would not recommend it.... you want anything that can interfere in the slightest way with the signal between the aircraft and your remote to be as far away as possible. Experts may disagree.... techincally the frequencies are far apart... someone else will chime in here I am sure... Are you on Android or iOS?

Personally I would not recommend it.... you want anything that can interfere in the slightest way with the signal between the aircraft and your remote to be as far away as possible. Experts may disagree.... techincally the frequencies are far apart... someone else will chime in here I am sure... Are you on Android or iOS?

IOS and once a while if im flying from my drive way i do a regional weather for my friends FB live so i need the Wifi on

The problem is, that many devices, don't support 5.8g. In that case, you'll have a 2.4g connection between RC and AC, but WiFi between RC and device will disappear. So, you have to use otg cable.

iOS devices support 5.8g WiFi, but you must try it, for being sure.

The problem is, that many devices, don't support 5.8g. In that case, you'll have a 2.4g connection between RC and AC, but WiFi between RC and device will disappear. So, you have to use otg cable.

iOS devices support 5.8g WiFi, but you must try it, for being sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef