Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable doesn't fit in controller ~ Solutions?

Hey David ~ that's actually the EXACT cable that I have. It's perfect if the phone can go in the existing holder. . I just figured that if I have to mount it in some kind of external mount, it might need to be just a bit longer so as not to bend the cable too tightly. . .for some reason, I CAN'T find a 12" braided cable. . .I'm just thinking a braided cable is somewhat more flexible and not as prone to shorting out due to overbending. Thanks. . .PS I saw CableCreation has a 12" version of this. . .

I have an external mount for my Standrad iPad and it connects. I usually thread the cable through the holder so it is not in the way of my right hand.

Ya know, I saw that one too. . .I think that sucker uncoils to like 3 feet or something like that! Don't need THAT much! Guess it can't hurt. .thanks.

Actually 5 feet. I thought it woudl not be good, but don’t know everyone’s preferences

Just as more info, With case, very thin case, I can lock in my iPhone X with OTG cable attached into the expandable jaws of the controller. It is not pretty, but, it holds teh phone. I also use an standard iPad. When using this i used this holder. Yes, it is spring loaded with a opening range of 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 inches. It rotates 360 degrees and have plenty of openings on the clamp ends for cables. Amazon.com: Anbee Nylon Braided OTG Cable 8.14 inch for DJI Mavic Pro/Maivc Air/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom/Spark Drone, Fits iOS Cellphone and Tablets: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just as more info, With case, very thin case, I can lock in my iPhone X with OTG cable attached into the expandable jaws of the controller. It is not pretty, but, it holds teh phone. I also use an standard iPad. When using this i used this holder. Yes, it is spring loaded with a opening range of 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 inches. It rotates 360 degrees and have plenty of openings on the clamp ends for cables. Amazon.com: Anbee Nylon Braided OTG Cable 8.14 inch for DJI Mavic Pro/Maivc Air/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom/Spark Drone, Fits iOS Cellphone and Tablets: Cell Phones & Accessories

That's a good cable. The one sold by RCgeeks on Amazon is the one I use.

Both have very narrow plugs on the lightning end so they easily fit into opening in RC arm (also available for USB-C and micro USB on both ends). Mine are 10-12 inches in length so not a lot of loose cable to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers