Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable Issues

MPhelps81

Join
May 28, 2017
So I have been using my OTG adapter with my iPhone 7 recently and have been having issues with the remote control settings. Does anyone else have issues with your button mapping being reset every time? I have to go in a reset my custom buttons every time I connect via OTG. I am also having issues syncing the spark to the RC while connected via OTG. I'll turn on the RC and the spark, make sure DJI Go says the RC is connected, and then go into the RC linking screen, but it just says the RC is not connected. I had to connect to the RC via wifi, sync it with the spark and then turn off my wifi to use the OTG connection.

So I have been using my OTG adapter with my iPhone 7 recently and have been having issues with the remote control settings. Does anyone else have issues with your button mapping being reset every time? I have to go in a reset my custom buttons every time I connect via OTG. I am also having issues syncing the spark to the RC while connected via OTG. I'll turn on the RC and the spark, make sure DJI Go says the RC is connected, and then go into the RC linking screen, but it just says the RC is not connected. I had to connect to the RC via wifi, sync it with the spark and then turn off my wifi to use the OTG connection.
Just the first time, once setup no problem with otg connection.

What i noticed is my the battery of my 6s runout so fast when controller is connected via otg, i think controller is charging meanwhile and draining the smartphone battery

Same issue here, was wondering why my custom button layout has to be set up each time.

Reactions: Festijn
Hi All,

I've tried with my short Mavic cable which worked well with my iPhone (but too short!)... so have just ordered the 6" and 6' versions of this to see if it works: Lightning-to-MicroUSB Cable

I'll let you all know if it works... :)

Best regards,

Alan

If thats the case, is there a way to see the connection strength between the controller and the Spark?

I'm surprised it doesn't repurpose the Wifi signal strength icons for the RC signal. Maybe in the future.

Remember, the controller is the HOST.
This means the OTG cable goes to the controller, or if you get a male-to-male patch cable, it will label one end HOST.

My phone let's me choose if the USB works as a charger.

It also detects the controller and automatically launched the Spark software program (Go 4 ?, forgot the name)

I have a question, I have the OTG cables for my iPhone 7S but I cannot get it to open the DJI Go 4 app. I have the the OTG cable connected to the controller for the Spark and then I plug in my usb to lighting connector to the iPhone 7S I get nothing when I turn on the remote controller and the iPhone. I even opened the DJI GO 4, still nothing until I link the Wi-Fi to Spark. Only then I have control of the Spark and I can see the camera view. What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: Chuck J
I have a question, I have the OTG cables for my iPhone 7S but I cannot get it to open the DJI Go 4 app. I have the the OTG cable connected to the controller for the Spark and then I plug in my usb to lighting connector to the iPhone 7S I get nothing when I turn on the remote controller and the iPhone. I even opened the DJI GO 4, still nothing until I link the Wi-Fi to Spark. Only then I have control of the Spark and I can see the camera view. What am I doing wrong?

I had to connect through the wireless 1st then turn on airplane mode with the app still open, then connect the cable and a second or two later it connected.

I never could get it to work with the Menneva straight through cable but I did with the Ugreen OTG cable.

I don't know why I went through all this, I didn't have any issues with the wifi connection.

Ok I found my issue. I waited until the Spark linked up to the controller then I connected via OTG from controller to the iPhone 7S and it is functioning properly. There are a lot of good information in these forums and I gleamed information from reading how to connect. I followed the procedure and my issue is resolved. I've had my spark now for two weeks and it flies just as advertised. I have flown in all modes to familiarize myself to the new Spark. Hand gestures to remote flying is a joy to perform. One note make sure that your iPhone/android phone is fully charged as the remote controller will attempt to charge the phone via the OTG.

Thanks Animal for your bullet points on connection. I repeated your steps and I now can connect via OTG cables to the DJI GO 4 App without issue. My camera Hog is a S900 A2 controller with the LightBridge 1, using Futaba T14SG as my controller. The spark is just a kick to fly and it makes anyone around me ask a thousand questions. I think it is great for our hobby. At lease in my case..

Reactions: Animal
Hi Windfred; I too had to do what you are doing to get mine to run over the OTG cables.However if you follow Animal's bullet steps you will not have to link via Wi-Fi, you can link through the OTG cables and not burn up more battery power on your phone. I also found that once linked through the OTG your phone has internet connectivity and that is a bonus.

I bought a two pack of Ugreen USB female to micro USB on Amazon which I used with a short iPhone cable. Works well, no battery drain problem using an older 5S in airplane mode running is 10.3.2 and the latest dji firmware

The key seems to be the starting sequence... Spark on first, then the controller and once the controller green light comes on I connect the iPhone cable and open dji go. I get the message about accessory not supported but it all works. Whenever I turned on the controller first, I had connection issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme