Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG connection / ugh

Rick Morton

Join
Aug 27, 2017
The problem is those darn cheap China cables. I bought the short, braided one to connect to my iPhone, but the lightning end is constantly disconnecting. The choice is really the Apple lightning but it's so long. I wish DJI would just make us a short usb micro to QUALITY lightning connector and admit we all want the cable connection.

I found that using OTG on Apple devices not very useful. IOS version of DJI Go will not show radio signal strength between RC and aircraft.

Not really a problem. You see soon enough on the video when it's not good enough anymore. It's actually a more reliable indicator than the icon.

That happened to me but then i realized it was the order i was connecting it..... cable needs to be on the phone/table connected with the OTG adaptor... once u select 2.4 then connect the other end of the cable that as the OTG to the RC........... if done the other way round my phone was trying to charge itself via the RC ad it kept dropping every 2 seconds

I do it a similar way but seems to be the only way it works for me. I plug otg into remote and cable into phone when rc is green i plug them together and go to settings and tethering. But sometimes device just does its self and launches dji go app

bennie

I was going to post a question about the OTG cable but found this thread in the search (like a good forum user :D ).

I'm using an iphone 7 and up-to-date dji4 app. So it actually matters what order the OTG connected in? Both the connections on the lightning end and the RC end are tight but I've found the controller kept disconnecting mid flight or it would be connected but not showing any picture on my last flight. Has anyone else had this issue? I gave up in the end and flew it around in wifi mode and I guess I'll until I figure out the OTG issue.

I was going to post a question about the OTG cable but found this thread in the search (like a good forum user :D ).

I'm using an iphone 7 and up-to-date dji4 app. So it actually matters what order the OTG connected in? Both the connections on the lightning end and the RC end are tight but I've found the controller kept disconnecting mid flight or it would be connected but not showing any picture on my last flight. Has anyone else had this issue? I gave up in the end and flew it around in wifi mode and I guess I'll until I figure out the OTG issue.

The phone-table are the host , so you need to connect the OTG to the device before to connect to the TX this is the way i do,

1.- Turn on TX
2.- Turn on AC
3.- Wait until the green led at the controller stay solid.
4.- Connect the OTG to the device.
5.- Connect the USB to the TX .

i´m using this two devices:

J7
S8
both working

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member