Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Benefit of cable connect vs bluetooth (controller to ipad/DJI Go 4)?

rodb

Join
Aug 1, 2019
I've flown the Spark for some months w/o a problem, with my controller to DJI Go4 software connected to one another via blue tooth (I guess, I find the Spark wi fi & connect to it, green light, all of that). I've had a few instances of "losing connection" or the video screen blacking out ... lost connection, flying blind, turned around & an instant later the live video was displayed. My distance wasn't but 1400' from the controller. Yesterday, first time this has occurred, at 1547' alert that I've reached my maximum distance & the Spark wouldn't fly any further. RTH brought it back to me, safe & sound.

My question is, if I connect (hard wire) the controller to the ipad/DJIGO4 using an apple connector to (ipad end) USB female, to USB male to mini USB (controller end), both small jumpers, will this allow me to fly further w/o losing signal, as is occurring presently?
My first post on here, so getting acquainted with the process...

RodB
[email protected]

You raise a really good point. It prompts me to add to the question (which I don’t know the answer to but others will I’m sure) I use an OTG most of the time and I use a range extender to the RC antennae. Is there any point in using the range extenders with OTG as I presume I’m not on wifi?

Is there any point in using the range extenders with OTG as I presume I’m not on wifi?

The range extenders will still help with distance with or without an OTG cable.

They will concentrate the WiFi signal to and from the Spark as you fly.

You raise a really good point. It prompts me to add to the question (which I don’t know the answer to but others will I’m sure) I use an OTG most of the time and I use a range extender to the RC antennae. Is there any point in using the range extenders with OTG as I presume I’m not on wifi?
The connection between the controller and the phone is unlikely to have any effect on the distance between you and your RAS aircraft. DJI, as far as I know do not support the use of OTG cables for the Spark. The range extenders have been known to improve the range of the aircraft.

My question is, if I connect (hard wire) the controller to the ipad/DJIGO4 using an apple connector to

Purchase this cable for the iPad.

The cable will help with video lag and latency since it will eliminate the WiFi connection from device to remote, which can be compromised with other WiFi / Bluetooth signals that may be around you in a busy area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe