Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Otg dillema.

dazza

Join
Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys and gals.
Can't figure this out.
I bought a Samsung tablet and dedicated it to the spark. I also bought a cable going from usb c to micro usb. Thinking this would be awesome by removing a fail point. Turns out the rc thinks it is being charged. Gone back to adapting cable and link is good. It also is dependant on which end of the cable that you change configuration. Have I missed something here?

Otg is a special cable.
And it has polarity. That means that one specific end goes to controller, and the other to device. You cannot reverse it.

Hi guys and gals.
Can't figure this out.
I bought a Samsung tablet and dedicated it to the spark. I also bought a cable going from usb c to micro usb. Thinking this would be awesome by removing a fail point. Turns out the rc thinks it is being charged. Gone back to adapting cable and link is good. It also is dependant on which end of the cable that you change configuration. Have I missed something here?
Yes Dazza to confirm, if you place the cable in one way it will act as charge and the other way it will work as a direct feed to the phone (the reason you use the OTG cable) you might find that the lead has a little drawing at one end - the 3 pronged drawing- if it has, this is the end that goes into the controller. Hope this helps

After trying both ways with and without I now fly airplane mod on wifi off and bluetooth off OTG only way to go for me

please don't spread crap like this!!! It DID NOT BLOW UP YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!
You're the one spreading crap. Yall keep telling people to try different cables until you find one that works (or smokes the phone)
Think about it, You are basically connecting 2 batteries together with nothing to limit the amperage between them. I connected the phone. The rc began to charge through the usb cable. The phone got hot. That was it. The phone charging port no longer worked.
I had to replace the phone.

That's because you don't know how to connect or even use the OTG cable by the sounds of it. Your counter argument sounds like the people putting their cars on cruise control and going for a sleep in the back seat....then they wonder why they crashed. Is that the cruise control's fault?

That's because you don't know how to connect or even use the OTG cable by the sounds of it. Your counter argument sounds like the people putting their cars on cruise control and going for a sleep in the back seat....then they wonder why they crashed. Is that the cruise control's fault?
So now you say that if you don't do it correctly it may harm your phone? At least we can agree.

Wow, sorry to using an OTG cord fried your phone. I won't fly without it. Better range, better FPV connection. Use it on iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy just fine.

Sounds to me like you'd have to try pretty hard to fry a phone using an OTG cable.

I've never fried anything, but then again,I don't use the OTG cable! I've tried with and without it, and could see no diffrence in performance?

Ron_Dog- I started seeing results with OTG when I:

1. put my phone in Airplane Mode
2. Disabled bluetooth

That made all the difference in range and FPV perormance for me over straight WIFI connection from remote to phone.

I've never fried anything, but then again,I don't use the OTG cable! I've tried with and without it, and could see no diffrence in performance?

Ron_Dog- I started seeing results with OTG when I:

1. put my phone in Airplane Mode
2. Disabled bluetooth

That made all the difference in range and FPV perormance for me over straight WIFI connection from remote to phone.
Are you using a android device, or IOS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar