Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Palm launch to RC steps please

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
I know I'm asking a lot of questions...but in 4 days I'll be gone for 25 days.
I love the idea of palm launch and have had 3 easy palm landings
but how are you guys/gals switching to RC once in flight?

Seems easy if the Spark is already on/linked and all is required is the double tap on the battery to launch, in which case technically I'm already in RC mode and just double tapping to launch.

how are you guys/gals switching to RC once in flight?
Just palm launch, wait for the Spark to ascend, and pick up the remote controller and fly like you normally do. Another option would be to skip the palm launch and use the remote controller to manually take off from your hand.

And don't be afraid to ask questions galore! It's what sparks creativity in this place :D

No pun intended

Medicine - sure, ask all the questions you want, but remember you can do some research yourself and sometimes get better answers. I always check YouTube and type in exactly what I want and usually there's a 2 to 3 minute how to on there from somebody that's going through the same thing you have. It's an invaluable resource. Besides I like the visual, in addition to what you get here, which is sometimes you don't know what button a guy is telling you to push.......

Try to watch everything by "Tom's tech time", and "Billy Kyle". Those guys answer it all.......

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
I don't gesture launch. I have "take off/land" set to the FN key on RC. Just hold spark in one hand (I use left bc the FN button is on the right side of the RC so right hand on that is easier) then press the FN and it will start motors and take off right away. For landing I just catch it while it is in "landing mode" (fn key/app button slider/RTH) with either hand. No need for gesture mode at all.

I don't gesture launch. I have "take off/land" set to the FN key on RC. Just hold spark in one hand (I use left bc the FN button is on the right side of the RC so right hand on that is easier) then press the FN and it will start motors and take off right away. For landing I just catch it while it is in "landing mode" (fn key/app button slider/RTH) with either hand. No need for gesture mode at all.

Yes.

Reactions: dndhurl and KNAVE
Fantastic answers all.
Yes, YouTube is a wonderful teacher.
Not long ago I removed/replaced a derailleur on my bike watching/pausing/watching pausing :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar