Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Payment Advice

CenlaUAS

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Will be selling my Spark. Want to post here however I’m skeptical about selling online. Though not here, I have been burned in the past through PayPal. Sold and shipped an item. The buyer said they didn’t receive what was advertised although they I shipped everything together. Found out later buyer was a con artist and I never got my money or item returned. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

If you are going to sell online, you have to trust at some point. PayPal is the best way to protect you and the buyer. Document everything with pictures is the only defense I can suggest. You shouldn't have too much of an issue with the members of this forum, but always buyer and seller beware. I suggest not selling to or shipping to anyone outside of the US. Other than that I wish I could give you more advice. I have bought and sold hundreds of items online and I have had only 1 issue in 20+ years. Hopefully my trend continues. Knock on wood!

Will be selling my Spark. Want to post here however I’m skeptical about selling online. Though not here, I have been burned in the past through PayPal. Sold and shipped an item. The buyer said they didn’t receive what was advertised although they I shipped everything together. Found out later buyer was a con artist and I never got my money or item returned. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Personally my policy when it comes to drones is to only sell in person with a full test flight. The buyer sees exactly what the product is and the seller gets cash on delivery. Everyone is happy.

As to PayPal they do protect the buyer very well, but as a seller you can get royally screwed. PayPal will generally always side with the buyer in a dispute unless you have real evidence and proof. Even if you have that evidence, it's just not worth the hassle.

Having said all of that, I have done two mail/PayPal transactions with members of these sites. They were both long-standing members with no negative posts. I was very satisfied with both and the transactions went flawlessly. You always have the choice of who to sell to, so if you do sell here make sure to look at that person's history on this site.

Reactions: CenlaUAS
I have never sold anything online but have bought lots of items , but Paypal is the way to go in terms of buying but with selling I would suggest with higher priced items to get tracking plus a required signutare from the buyer. Not really sure what else one can do.

I recall reading something here a while back about the PayPal methods of payment and that someone got scammed because they used the "Family and friends" payment that may not offer the full protection of the transaction since it's free?

Buyer insisted on that method, seller sent product, and never received payment?

I don't use PayPal myself so I'm not sure of the different levels of service they provide.

Might be something to look into.

It boils down to good ole trust in mankind. It's kinda hard nowadays. I am really new on this site with just 7 post's. I seen in the classifieds a fellow user needed a controller and contacted him. He sent the payment with Paypal and I sent him the controller and some extras. There are good folks out here still. Good luck be with ya.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe