Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Peoples thoughts on the sd card

I'm not sure what you mean by "device". There is no SD slot in the Spark's remote so the only place to put the SD card is in the Spark.

Is it better to have in the drone or in device??

I think (OP) you're talking about downloading footage from the SD card. I tend to remove from the craft then insert into drive pen to then download instead of plugging into the craft - super easy process too. It's just how I do it.

Cool thankyou sportbike. By device i meant my phone [emoji3]

Just a heads up - Since I only have a 16 GB SD card when the SD card memory is at full capacity, you can still record onto your device (phone). The app will notify you that it will do just that. I have a 128 GB phone memory so plenty of space.

yl1EQ_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Just a heads up - Since I only have a 16 GB SD card when the SD card memory is at full capacity, you can still record onto your device (phone). The app will notify you that it will do just that. I have a 128 GB phone memory so plenty of space.
This will be cached video with lower resolution and garbage from transmission; if I well understood what you want to do (record or store?).

The card goes in the drone, where else would it be??

Your phone or tablet records the footage too but obviously at a lower resolution since it is sent over wifi from the drone

After using you put the card in your computer or in an adapter to the phone or tablet and copy the files.

You can use the included white cable to connect the Spark to your computer also but it seems the Spark must be powered on for this and it battery drains.

Yes you can but you may not always have a computer with you. Being able to use an SD card reader into an iPad allows you to get the data in right away. I also have an external USB drive with SD card reader which automatically saves the card data to disk. Great for back ups

The cache is not of a good quality, especially in sport more, it is choppy and not good at all. And instead of downloading it with the go app with spark having to be turned on, i just took the sd card out and put it in a sd card reader for iphone. For long videos this is a lot faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502