Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phoenix Area Pilots...Anyone?

Scott C

Join
Feb 28, 2018
Loc
Phoenix, AZ
Just looking to see if there is anyone in the Phoenix area to meet and give our Sparks a play date.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phoenix central corridor including the park up in sunnyslope (drone approved) but take trips out of town on weekends

Has anyone in phoenix area called any of the airports? If so what were you told?

I've been hearing that all you need to do is notify them that you are going to be flying your drone in the area. But can still fly even if they advise against it as long as they have been notified.

I live in north Phoenix. Love to fly with any of you. I did find this on sky harbors page, you can notify them by an online submission. Along with a pretty useful map.

Notify Us

You do not need “approval” you only need to notify them either with the link above or a phone call. That’s only if your are less then 5 miles. If your close to a helipad then it’s a good idea to contact them and let them know.

Last edited:
New to this forum and looking to buy a Spark to go with my Phantom 4 Pro and Tello. I fly a Coyote Basin Park Beardsley/Cave Creek Rd. when I can't get out of town. City of Phoenix has ok'd RC aircraft there. The tower crew at Deer Valley Airport are always very nice when I advise them I am flying. I am always looking to take a Saturday or Sunday road trip to find interesting places to fly and photograph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit