Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone sun screens

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
Are phone sunscreens any help? Even with the brightness up full, I find seeing my screen really difficult. What do you all think?

Are phone sunscreens any help? Even with the brightness up full, I find seeing my screen really difficult. What do you all think?

A sun shade that surrounds screen from all 4 sides and has a depth of at least 4 inches makes a HUGE difference.

If you can stand in the shade that helps too (but not always an option).

Not being able to see your screen is a major safety issue even when constant VLOS. Hard to get decent video if you can't frame your subject as well

The only time I can get away without a shade is a.m. and p.m. "golden hours".

I use a 3-side sun hood and for me it was one of the most important accessories for my spark. When you are on a field with no shadows the little hood improves the readability of your screen a lot. Got mine for under 10€ from Amazon. This kind fits also when you use your phone on the "intended" place

OI000121.JPG

I did begin with a 3M anti-glare shield and, after
an advice on our forum, get a sunshade.
Big improve. The sunshade is a must.
I then removed the anti-glare, did a couple of flights,
but the iPad is a like a mirror. So reinstall an anti-glare. I use both...

I did begin with a 3M anti-glare shield and, after
an advice on our forum, get a sunshade.
Big improve. The sunshade is a must.
I then removed the anti-glare, did a couple of flights,
but the iPad is a like a mirror. So reinstall an anti-glare. I use both...
That's also my setup and it's great!

This is about the only Spark accessory that I don't own. Definitely going to get one. As for IMHO on the most important accessory - landing legs !

Reactions: McCloudSpark
This is about the only Spark accessory that I don't own. Definitely going to get one. As for IMHO on the most important accessory - landing legs !
Yeah - I agree. I have the springy landing legs and like them. I wish I could find a deeper case so the Spark would fit with the legs attached...

Made my own 3-sided screen and it works quite well! Took cardboard and cut 3 pieces, one for the back and two sides, slightly smaller (about 1mm) than they should be. Then laminated them with a 2mm gap in between and cut them out along the outside. The lamination creates a nice hinge when folding in three.
On the inside, I stuck black velvet and velcro strips on the outside to strap to the handcontroller.
Works great!

I use a 3-side sun hood and for me it was one of the most important accessories for my spark. When you are on a field with no shadows the little hood improves the readability of your screen a lot. Got mine for under 10€ from Amazon. This kind fits also when you use your phone on the "intended" place

View attachment 9597
Where did you get the extension stand from?

Hello from the Hoosier heartland, lifeisfun.

If you want the best results, get a sun hood, preferably a 4 sided one.

I have a screen cover on my mini 4 but the hood is the way to go.

It blocks the light from all sides so you can see the screen.

Check out the Sun Shades from Spark-Help.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Reactions: lifeisfun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex