Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pilots in Greenville, SC area/flying sites

RLB

Join
Mar 18, 2018
Would like to find pilots in the Greenville area that might be able to share flying sites/experiences with Spark.
Bob

Salem, but new as well. Got a little frisky, pushed my limit and almost lost the drone. Fortunately I recovered it before the battery ran out.

Salem, but new as well. Got a little frisky, pushed my limit and almost lost the drone. Fortunately I recovered it before the battery ran out.
Are you a yard flyer or have you found a good site away from all the local airports under control tower traffic?

At this point mostly yard flyer getting comfortable with the controls & how the spark reacts to them, particularly getting used to the opposite right/left reactions when is returning to you. There is Duke park on Lake Keowee that has a ball field & I will be going there to practice more long range flights. The spark is so small it is easy to lose sight of it, which is what happened. I was slow on the uptake to look at my iphone to see its orientation, but fortunately it is till around to fly again-it was a stressful few minutes.
You can tell it was designed by engineers & not by those with any aviation experience (I flew airplanes for a living), as in any plane you pull back on the yoke to go up-just the opposite with the spark. All part of the fun learning experience. I have joined a local drone club, it is only about 10 members but there is a wealth of information that comes from those more experienced. Good luck, maybe we can get some of us that are fairly local to meet up somewhere.

as in any plane you pull back on the yoke to go up-just the opposite with the spark. All part of the fun learning experience.

You probably know this, but the remote control can be customized to a more familiar feel.

I was the same way, pull back=go up in the simulator but learned the ways if the Spark. Mode 2.

At this point mostly yard flyer getting comfortable with the controls & how the spark reacts to them, particularly getting used to the opposite right/left reactions when is returning to you. There is Duke park on Lake Keowee that has a ball field & I will be going there to practice more long range flights. The spark is so small it is easy to lose sight of it, which is what happened. I was slow on the uptake to look at my iphone to see its orientation, but fortunately it is till around to fly again-it was a stressful few minutes.
You can tell it was designed by engineers & not by those with any aviation experience (I flew airplanes for a living), as in any plane you pull back on the yoke to go up-just the opposite with the spark. All part of the fun learning experience. I have joined a local drone club, it is only about 10 members but there is a wealth of information that comes from those more experienced. Good luck, maybe we can get some of us that are fairly local to meet up somewhere.

Sounds like you are doing quite well with the Spark. I too had a background in flying, private, Navy, commercial and inst. rating but haven't flow since @ 1971.
For a period of time I had fun with RC but really enjoy the flexibility of the drone to hover when in trouble. Most of my problems are "headwork" but I guess that goes with age. Is your drone club something that can be joined? I often go to NC via way of Cashiers so will look into Duke Park as a possble site. Thank much for the heads up on the site and your club.
Bob

I am in Union, SC. About 45 minutes away from Greenville. I haven’t found any particularly exciting places to fly just yet. Only had the drone for about a month. I am fortunate enough to live in the country where I am surrounded by forrest. I can fly to the “max” 400 ft altitude and fly for about a mile in any direction without worrying about flying over people or property that could be damaged from a falling drone should something catastrophic happen. Thus far I am just getting familiar with the drone and it’s wonderful array or sensors and features. Especially for such a small craft. I’m glad to see I am not alone with the spark in this area.

Reactions: CLAY347
I am in Union, SC. About 45 minutes away from Greenville. I haven’t found any particularly exciting places to fly just yet. Only had the drone for about a month. I am fortunate enough to live in the country where I am surrounded by forrest. I can fly to the “max” 400 ft altitude and fly for about a mile in any direction without worrying about flying over people or property that could be damaged from a falling drone should something catastrophic happen. Thus far I am just getting familiar with the drone and it’s wonderful array or sensors and features. Especially for such a small craft. I’m glad to see I am not alone with the spark in this area.

Sounds like you have a great place to fly. I live under the departure/ approach to the downtown airport so flying is restricted albeit have managed to lose my 1st Spark in a tree & probably fell into the pond below. I now fly off floats off Lake Glenville in NC. This is great for LOS, no airports or air traffic. Unfortunately I have knocked the drown into the water (launch & recover from kayak) twice now & am hopeful I can get it dried out so it won’t have to go back to DJI for repairs.

Bob Berlet
864-350-7962
[email protected]

Hey man I am literally just down the road from you in West Springs/Pauline SC. right off 215 I'd like to try to get up with you hit me up when you get a chance. God Bless!

Hey man I am literally just down the road from you in West Springs/Pauline SC. right off 215 I'd like to try to get up with you hit me up when you get a chance. God Bless!

Clay, just saw your message. Are you still flying, fountany good places to fly. I just got the MV2 Zoom, flown it once at a soccer field near The Old Donaldson Air Force base sw of Greenville; had to prior authorization to fly via FlySafe DJI app. Flt is limited to 60 meters alt. Give me a shout & maybe we can meet some time to fly.

Bob Berlet
762-338-0093.
[email protected]

Anderson here, still a yard flyer, but might go over to a few places on the lake this next weekend, will be my first flights that are not in a restricted area. Looking forward to it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme