Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Polar Pro filters arrived

I pre-ordered the 6 Filter set from PolarPro about a month ago. Tuesday I received a notice from PayPal that PolarPro had shipped my filter set and provided the tracking number.

I kept watch on the tracking and all the USPS site said was, "Label printed, USPS is awaiting package receipt."

Late yesterday (Thursday) I received a notice from PayPal saying that PolarPro had refunded my payment. I immediately dropped PolarPro an e-mail asking why they cancelled my order. No response!

This morning I e-mailed their Operations Manager an asked why my order was cancelled. No Reply.

This really shakes my faith in PolarPro!

I've read some online reviews that say the PolarPro filters are causing problems with the Spark Gimbal but if that were the case, I wish they'd just send out an email and tell me that instead of just refunding my order with no explanation.

Nikon. Strangely, I received my filters (just the set of three) and then I got a refund from PolarPro for the full amount. Mind you I have the filters. Not sure what is going on but based on your post above...what do the PolarPro filters do to the gimbal?

Last edited:
Wow, wonder why they shipped mine to me and never said anything alluding to the notion that they are flawed and don't recommend using them.

Perhaps @PolarPro will chime in here and explain.

Perhaps @PolarPro will chime in here and explain.

We just came across this post and wanted to follow up with an explanation for anyone still confused by what happened. With the help of a few of our customers we were able to determine that there was an issue with the Spark filters where, in some instances, they were causing the gimbal to dip forward under full throttle in flight. We'd anticipate this in Sport Mode due to the stronger forces acting on the gimbal, but not in regular mode, and we were unfortunately seeing it in both. No harm is caused to the drone, gimbal, or camera because of this behavior, but it does interfere with media capture in flight. It's important to us to ensure our products are up to our usual standard of quality, and that they do not interfere with the user's ability to capture photos or videos. Because of this, we opted to take the filters off the market temporarily and redesign them. The refunds were issued as a part of this. Our engineering team has been hard at work, and we recently updated the Spark filter pages on our website to state that the filters will be available to order again beginning on August 14th.

If you purchased the first generation of filters and are interested in re-purchasing them on release, we would be happy to provide you with a discount code for the order. Please email [email protected] with your receipt or order number from the original purchase and we will make sure we send you an email with the code.

- Oliver from PolarPro

I just got mine from B&H last week, just tried the the PL. Low and behold, I'm getting camera gimble shake vertically. Image is not stable, even during a hover. Drone is as still as ever and the image keeps bouncing up and down. I will email you guys and figure out next steps.

Thanks, Chris

We just came across this post and wanted to follow up with an explanation for anyone still confused by what happened. With the help of a few of our customers we were able to determine that there was an issue with the Spark filters where, in some instances, they were causing the gimbal to dip forward under full throttle in flight. We'd anticipate this in Sport Mode due to the stronger forces acting on the gimbal, but not in regular mode, and we were unfortunately seeing it in both. No harm is caused to the drone, gimbal, or camera because of this behavior, but it does interfere with media capture in flight. It's important to us to ensure our products are up to our usual standard of quality, and that they do not interfere with the user's ability to capture photos or videos. Because of this, we opted to take the filters off the market temporarily and redesign them. The refunds were issued as a part of this. Our engineering team has been hard at work, and we recently updated the Spark filter pages on our website to state that the filters will be available to order again beginning on August 14th.

If you purchased the first generation of filters and are interested in re-purchasing them on release, we would be happy to provide you with a discount code for the order. Please email [email protected] with your receipt or order number from the original purchase and we will make sure we send you an email with the code.

- Oliver from PolarPro

Last edited:
I just got mine from B&H last week, just tried the the PL. Low and behold, I'm getting camera gimble shake vertically. Image is not stable, even during a hover. Drone is as still as ever and the image keeps bouncing up and down. I will email you guys and figure out next steps.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

We're sorry to hear that's occurring. That does not sound like the trouble we were seeing with the first batch of filters, but our support team would definitely be happy to help you take a closer look and get that sorted out. We'll keep an eye out for your email.

- The PolarPro Team

Email was sent right after my post.

As soon as I take the filter off, the camera gimbal video is smooth like butter.

I was eyeing these at BB the other day ... glad I did not yet pull the trigger. Actually my goto on my other dji's is the ND32 so nd16 might not be enough for my uses anyway.

Hi Chris, we just wanted to follow up on this. Was our customer support team able to help you out?

- The PolarPro Team

Hi - I'm not sure what to do with these... sometimes it does it.. and sometimes it does not. I like the quality of them, but also not so sure I'm not going to scratch up my lens with that metal tab sticking out the front with a little piece of felt covering it. Otherwise the quality of the optics are fine. I'm stumped at the moment.

Hi Chris, we just wanted to follow up on this. Was our customer support team able to help you out?

- The PolarPro Team
I bought a set of these at Best Buy last week - How do I tell if they are part of the bad first batch?

I keep telling myself I will not buy these for my Spark -- I purchased them for my MP and they came with my P4P and to my eye they are crazy over priced.

sometimes it does it.. and sometimes it does not.

If it's inconsistent then there may be something else going on. On checking with our support team it sounded like they had requested some additional information about what you're seeing, so hopefully once they have that they'll be able to help out a bit more effectively.

I bought a set of these at Best Buy last week - How do I tell if they are part of the bad first batch?

If you only bought them last week and they're coming from Best Buy, you should be fine. We have worked with all of our retailers to get the first batch out of circulation, so they will not have had the first-batch units on the shelves.

- The PolarPro Team

All is good. Haven’t been able to duplicate the issue thus far after 10 more flights. I think it was just windier that day and it was normal.

These are indeed nice filters, lots of thought put into manufacturing them.

Recommended!

I would like to join this thread because I'm interested in the UV filter. Can some one of you who have the new filters post an image with and without filters? Moreover I would like to know better the product and company. By what I'm seeing now the company is serious and reliable and it makes me comfortable.
Filters are really imprtant in my opinion. THey allow to improve images and pics. Hope you can confirm that the new batch is good so I can buy a UV filter.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex