Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Poor Radio Channel Quality" on DJI Go app?

EricR1997

Join
Oct 4, 2017
Ever since I bought my DJI Spark drone, the app constantly tells me that there is "Poor Radio Channel Quality". Has anyone else experienced this and what may be causing this? I am considering returning my drone and not getting a replacement because if I were to lose or damage this drone, I would lose my mind too. I'm on the 5.8Ghz channel and the channel page in the app shows low interference. Also, I only use the app to control the drone. Would the Remote Control help with this issue? The furthest I've ever taken it was 20m high because I was afraid it might lose connection. At one point I took it 20m out (horizontally) and my phone started to vibrate so I immediately brought it back to me.

I hope someone can help me on this frustrating issue.

Interference from being in a populated/WiFi-heavy most likely. Or phone with poor quality Wi-Fi.

I read in an older post that the remote control doesn't affect the Radio Channel Quality. What is your understanding? Thanks.
The remote controller (RC) will have a total improvement of your experience with the Spark. For experienced pilot, using it without the RC is a no sense and call for issues. I personally stopped flying without it for 2 weeks until I got one.

It is mainly related to the wifi capabilities of your phone and the environment disturbance you will face, the Spark is capable to operate at 100m distance, no problem. Some are good, some are better and some are poor. This is for android, for IOS, they are usually all good.
Also anything related to range need to be seen with CE (Europe) of FCC (American) mode of radio operation of the Spark. CE mode is less powerfully with less range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502