Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poor video quality

HD-FLHT

Join
Apr 23, 2018
Having poor video quality, it's very pixilated and lag. I'm using otg cable and a Samsung galaxy s8. Didn't have this issue before. Thinking it's from the new dji go ap update.
Anyone else having this issue?

Mine is fine with my s8 I get a bit of lag no and then but it's not going to be 4k quality it's always 720p and drops below depends on where you are flying as well if there's loads of interference the picture will be shocking pixilated

I'm flying in the same area. It's really pixilated. Not even comparable to what it was a week ago..

I have been flying all today just used 4 batteries and everything is brilliant on my s8 . Have you made sure the phone isn't battery optimising the Dji go 4 app. Go into your battery settings in the s8 and turn it off for the go app so it gives full processing power to the go 4 app when you use it.

Should be in the battery settings then scroll down to un monitoring here's a few pics

Screenshot_20180516-215559_Device%20maintenance.jpg

And when in the go4 app setting it should say it's not being battery optimised like this.

Screenshot_20180516-215617_Settings.jpg

Reactions: HD-FLHT
I have been flying all today just used 4 batteries and everything is brilliant on my s8 . Have you made sure the phone isn't battery optimising the Dji go 4 app. Go into your battery settings in the s8 and turn it off for the go app so it gives full processing power to the go 4 app when you use it.
My playback looks ok, but the live view during flight looks like a cache file video

I posted a thread on this a few days ago. Others are having the same issue. Reverted back to 4.1.15, probably will stay there for a while with the Spark. No issues with the Phantom though.

I think the 4.2.12 picture video feed was good can't remember witch version tho there was about 3 or 4 versions. I did a few tests and you can see from my screen recording that the downlink is perfect from 2000 feet away .

Last edited:
I have been flying a year now and onto my fourth drone, a Mavic Pro which had its second flight today. I still have a Spark which I flew for many months till it fell out of the sky. In the early days with the Spark, I was frustrated by problems with transmission, lag and pixelation. I kept thinking it was the Samsung phone which I was using. It was actually a low-end model and someone suggested it might not have enough processing power so I tried my Sony Xperia and surprise... the problems went away. So I bought a Samsung Tab and it worked well until that frightening glitch.

Then with the Mavic Pro, I had signal and image loss problems on the first day. I kept thinking it was the drone or controller but then someone in Australia said that it was mostly likely that the processor in the tablet was not powerful enough to handle the latest GO4 app. I tested the idea with my Xperia again and it seemed true because I had no signal loss on takeoff. So I had confidence to buy yet another new tablet (a Huawei MediaPad M3 which many people found to be problem-free) and on today's flights, it worked perfectly with the RC.

So for those who have connectivity problems, I would suggest you think about the device you use and check its specs. GO4 is getting more complex and needs devices with more processing power and speed. Don't rant and rave at customer support (and even louder when they say there hardware has no problems) until you have exhausted all other possibilities.

I have been flying a year now and onto my fourth drone, a Mavic Pro which had its second flight today. I still have a Spark which I flew for many months till it fell out of the sky. In the early days with the Spark, I was frustrated by problems with transmission, lag and pixelation. I kept thinking it was the Samsung phone which I was using. It was actually a low-end model and someone suggested it might not have enough processing power so I tried my Sony Xperia and surprise... the problems went away. So I bought a Samsung Tab and it worked well until that frightening glitch.

Then with the Mavic Pro, I had signal and image loss problems on the first day. I kept thinking it was the drone or controller but then someone in Australia said that it was mostly likely that the processor in the tablet was not powerful enough to handle the latest GO4 app. I tested the idea with my Xperia again and it seemed true because I had no signal loss on takeoff. So I had confidence to buy yet another new tablet (a Huawei MediaPad M3 which many people found to be problem-free) and on today's flights, it worked perfectly with the RC.

So for those who have connectivity problems, I would suggest you think about the device you use and check its specs. GO4 is getting more complex and needs devices with more processing power and speed. Don't rant and rave at customer support (and even louder when they say there hardware has no problems) until you have exhausted all other possibilities.
That's what this guy is saying he's using a top of its class Samsung s8 and he's having video problems I have the same phone and now and then I have massive lagging and disconnections problems. I think it's just a matter of messing about with all your phone settings trying to find that sweet spot where you have everything set right. I have spent loads of hours with mine and I seem to have it working with the go4 app on my Samsung galaxy s8. With the s8 you have loads of settings that you can change and you can change how much processing power and screen resolution to use. I have mine set to high power with screen resolution 1080p and that seems to work and I've made sure that the go4 app can use all the processing power in the battery setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme