Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Precise Fly Safe Database

descend78

Join
Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, when I launch dji go it says I need to download a fly safe update... I press update and then it says to connect to cellular or WiFi... So I connect my WiFi to my home network and press Update Now... It says downloading for a second or two and then it goes back to the blue "update now" bar. At that point I can press the bar until the cows come home and nothing happens.

What's going on? How can I fix this?
Screenshot_2018-02-01-11-34-56.jpg

This is a common problem that continues to pop up again every once in a while. The update was failing for me too this morning. Skip it for now until DJI corrects the issue on their end.

Reactions: descend78
This is a common problem that continues to pop up again every once in a while. The update was failing for me too this morning. Skip it for now until DJI corrects the issue on their end.
Ok as long as it won't prevent me from flying. I'm not too worried about it because everything seems okay right now.

I'm heading to Florida on Monday (from the frozen tundra of northern Alberta) and I hope to God it doesn't brick on me!
[emoji12]

Hi Descend. I live in Florida and fly safe is way to restrictive here. I have to get special permission from DJI every 3 months to fly in an unrestricted airspace. They told me that I would have to run my updates on an IPhone. Hope that helps.

Hi everyone, when I launch dji go it says I need to download a fly safe update... I press update and then it says to connect to cellular or WiFi... So I connect my WiFi to my home network and press Update Now... It says downloading for a second or two and then it goes back to the blue "update now" bar. At that point I can press the bar until the cows come home and nothing happens.

What's going on? How can I fix this?
View attachment 3249
I just had the same issue. I found that I needed to reconnect to my home WiFi to complete the download, then once downloading is complete, reconnect to the RC unit and then hit the update button. Everything completed and the update is accepted.

I had this same issue and couldn't get it to work on my WiFi network...I retried it at work with my data connection and it updated fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef