Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Prop testing yesterday

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
A simple test to see how good the MAS (Master Airscrew) props are to the ear.

Tested my Spark and Brother in laws Mavic Air with both of their respective OEM props, then the MAS props on each drone, then did a side by side Spark / Air comparo.

Really interesting results.
The Spark definitely benefits from the MAS prop upgrade, it's just about silent compared to the OEM props.

Tested by flying out 5m, up 2m, filmed using same iphone SE camera from same spot.

The Spark . . .

Spark vs Air . . .

For anyone interested, the Air test alone . . .

Here are some photos of the Spark OEM and MAS props side by side, as close as I could get them on the side profile . . .

OEM-MAS_01.jpg

OEM_01.jpg

MAS_01.jpg

The MAS are slightly longer, a couple of mm (or 1/16" or so).
A really obvious larger blade and increased pitch = lower revs to lift are needed.
I wonder about the torque placed on the motors, obviously there is a trade off of the motors working harder at lower revs to do the same job . . . but of course the motors are not revving as hard.
Long term, I'm not sure if motors might suffer ? Think it would be hard to ascertain.

A set = 4 blades from MAS, not sold in pairs like DJI.
(I bought 2 sets of red props.)

The BIGGEST first impression I got when opening the package was, they are fixed one piece blades.
Not folding, which is a pain for both cases I have.
What I will do now is make a custom hard case setup for my Spark kit, as I recently bought some other goodies, and would like them all in one place.
Or maybe I'll set up 2 soft cases and take basic flight kit (with Spark fitted MAS props securely) in one for easy flight access, spare stuff in 2nd soft case, place both into a suitable backpack with easy access.

Anyway, I'd recommend these MAS props for sure, should make flying in some places a lot more comfortable, as I can be less concerned about people within earshot of the Spark while flying.

Nice video clips and thanks for the reminder.

I forgot that I have a set of MAS. :rolleyes:

I'll put them on now. :)

I haven't used them for a while with my current bag since they don't fold.

But I switched to my bucket of fun for the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
I haven't used them for a while with my current bag since they don't fold.

Yeah, it's not easy working that in when you leave your props on all the time.
I'm not a big fan of taking off props, think the bayonet clamps are more likely to get damaged in some way with regular use, vs just leaving them on in a backpack space or in a case.
The 2 bayonet Spark props even more so than the 3 bayonet M1P etc.

oh hell quit crying a set of folding props for an inspire is 248.00 and airscrew hasn,t made any for the inspire yet i sure like the MAS for my spark and i don,t think its working the motor much check out your speeds with the MAS and really like them on the MP it might have been going down hill when it was clocked at 45+

oh hell quit crying a set of folding props for an inspire is 248.00 and airscrew hasn,t made any for the inspire yet i sure like the MAS for my spark and i don,t think its working the motor much check out your speeds with the MAS and really like them on the MP it might have been going down hill when it was clocked at 45+
Lol, missed this way back . . . oh hell quit crying, the Inspire prop pricing is relative to the aircraft cost, size, and crafting ;):p

FYI no one is crying here, just noting the fact the Spark is the only normal folding prop that isn't made similarly by MAS.
Generally, those that have the MAS products usually love the benefits, and like you, I especially love them on my M1P, so much quieter and seemingly nippy in the air.

Looks like still nothing on their site for the Inspire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav