Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question: Course Lock Workaround?

doubleyoukay

Join
Jul 5, 2017
Really missing the course lock mode in DJI Go like for the Mavic. Just curious... has anyone found a workaround to get something similar to course lock?

Got an android?

You could do something with Autopilot from Hangar, wouldn't be as quite as straightforward but you could do it Autopilot - Hangar

You could do something with Autopilot from Hangar, wouldn't be as quite as straightforward but you could do it Autopilot - Hangar

Autopilot I found too complex when I tried it with my Mavic before. I ended up using Litchi instead, which currently has limited compatibility with Spark. Has anyone used Litchi with the Spark and found something similar to Course Lock?

Autopilot I found too complex when I tried it with my Mavic before. I ended up using Litchi instead, which currently has limited compatibility with Spark. Has anyone used Litchi with the Spark and found something similar to Course Lock?

Yeah there is a learning curve. I prefer it though, more capable than Litchi overall.

Last edited:
Yes it does for the Spark too (but not waypoints and orbit as of yet)

Cool thanks... I gotta give that a try. Been hesitant to let another app commandeer the Spark with sometimes flaky connections. But Litchi has been rock solid for the Mavic

Tested the Spark with Autoflight today and screen grabbed a method to recreate a course lock within the app. Not as easy perhaps as DJI GO but I was able to plan it before getting in the air to save battery.

Control of the camera direction and pitch can be controlled with the right stick on the controller in a similar way as a Yuneec in curved cable cam mode, and altitude controlled if necessary with the left stick.

Reactions: julian46

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar