Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Radio channel quality poor!

LilRogiesSparkie

Join
Jun 25, 2017
Anyone else getting this no matter where you are and how much "interference" is around? I got it at the beach, my neighborhood, and empty fields. Doesn't seem to cause real issues but keeps me wondering. More annoying than anything.

I haven't had any issues with the 5.8ghz bands, but on 2.4ghz it is horrible. The video would be choppy and it would cut out and lose signal constantly even at less than 100ft away.

On 5.8ghz i've gotten about 1600ft away with no issues.

For me it doesn't cut out just gives me that warning. I am on my flying with phone, waiting for RC to ship. Hoping the RC with the OTG cable fixes my warnings. Will post back when I have the RC with my results.

I fly almost exclusively with RC without OTG cables and don't have any video issues. I think the supposed OTG cable improvement is likely overblown but I've now got one and will test this weekend to see if there is any difference (for me). YMMV.

I bought an OTG cable from Best Buy before to test this out and it definitely helps in the range at 2.4ghz. I did not have an option to use 5.8ghz when using the OTG cable as others have pointed out elsewhere, but I was able to fly the spark a little over 2400ft away. I think it could have gone further but I started getting wind warnings so didn't want to push my luck. No cut out in the video feed whatsoever at this distance either.

Insignia™ - OTG (On The Go) Micro USB-to-USB Type-A Adapter Cable - Black

Hi, I just got my Spark last week and I notice that same warning on my mobile phone as well. Unless I place my mobile phone right next to the drone, it gives me that warning. Tried using my tab and got almost the same result as well. I lost connection with the drone in mid air once, which made me extra sensitive to the warning now. Am waiting for my RC to arrive, but now I'm wondering if my Spark has a wifi transmission fault.

I think its normal on the mobile wifi connection. I am using an S7 edge.
I got mine up 120m (yes 120m up) and 100m+ out and it started losing connection.
My spark is on firmware 0.300

However, my DJI GO app could be playing a part as it has a different country code.
I am not sure if that changes anything since its the mobile phones WIFI and not the controllers signal strength.

I think its normal on the mobile wifi connection. I am using an S7 edge.
I got mine up 120m (yes 120m up) and 100m+ out and it started losing connection.
My spark is on firmware 0.300

However, my DJI GO app could be playing a part as it has a different country code.
I am not sure if that changes anything since its the mobile phones WIFI and not the controllers signal strength.
Do you get the same warning of Poor Radio Channel as well all the time while flying?

Do you get the same warning of Poor Radio Channel as well all the time while flying?

I get the warning about 20m out and then constantly till my feed drops.

I'm using an OTG cable...and during my flights today I noticed in the top left corner I was seeing "Aircraft Disconnected" althought I could still control the AC and I could see the live preview on my phone.

I'm using an OTG cable...and during my flights today I noticed in the top left corner I was seeing "Aircraft Disconnected" althought I could still control the AC and I could see the live preview on my phone.
I experienced this too with OTG cable today too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef