Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Random observation, my dogs react much less to my Spark than my Mavic

How do your pets react to your Spark?

• We hatesss it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • We will tolerate it but will give it the stink eye

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It's our friend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DougLikesToFly

Join
Jul 9, 2017
Here's a random observation that I made today. My 2 dogs do not react nearly as strongly to my Spark as they do to my Mavic. This is true both indoors and outside. I am not sure if it is just because it is smaller or the pitch of the prop sound seems higher. They distinctly are not particularly happy if the Mavic is flying around them but almost seem to ignore the Spark. A benefit to this is that it is a bit easier to get some good pictures of them from the air.

Probably a lot more to do with prop noise. My cats hate any kind of drone. The tiny indoor ones they wanted to slap down. I flew my 3DR solo over the cattle that are behind my house and they were wary and moved away when it approached, it is black and has noisy props. When I flew my Phantom 3 P they hardly reacted to it. Props were quieter. Have not flown the Spark over them yet. I wish they had designed the props for all these birds to be less noisy, sweep the tips or something. The Master Airscrew prop set I got for my Solo made a big difference noise-wise. I will say sometimes the shot looks better when the cows are looking up instead of grazing.

2 of the 3 dogs I have don't mind the Spark. They hate my Inspire 2!

Both my dogs go crazy at the sound of the Mavic, even if it's one in a YouTube video. The Spark they bark once when I start the props then pretty much just ignore it. I guess the Mavic's sound is more annoying to them.

Wondering if there is a difference in blade tip speed/rpm that would push into the sonic range. Having experience in the helicopter business rescue dogs would react very differently to helicopters with fenstrom tail rotors vs the traditional blade type because the fenstrom reached the speed of sound and then some.

My guess is it's the ultrasonic sensor on the Mavic. There is none on the Spark. Try disabling the VPS on the Mavic and seeing if the dogs react differently. I think that's how you disable the ultrasound. It emits very high pitched beeps that the dogs can hear but you can't. The manual warns people not to fly near animals for that reason.

My guess is it's the ultrasonic sensor on the Mavic. There is none on the Spark. Try disabling the VPS on the Mavic and seeing if the dogs react differently. I think that's how you disable the ultrasound. It emits very high pitched beeps that the dogs can hear but you can't. The manual warns people not to fly near animals for that reason.
I should have my Mavic back from Thunderdrones Friday, I'll give that a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme