Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC Disconnecting very frequently + choppy video feed

Emsflyer84

Join
Nov 4, 2017
Hey all, had my spark for about a week now and I love it. It worked amazingly well right out of the box. A few days later there was a firmware update which I did right away. Since then, I've had connection issues.

Using iPhone with OTG cable, Bluetooth turned off, no nearby interference and clear light of sight.
"RC Disconnected" when Spark was about 2000 FT away from me, with no obstacles in between us. Screen on phone went black, then got meeage that RC Disconnected and Spark started RTH procedure. Video came back on, then went in and out some more on its way back home. Seemed to connect fine when close.

Hooked Spark to DJI Assistant and downgraded the firmware, then reinstalled the latest version.

Flew again today, worked great for the first few minutes, then disconnected from RC again a little over 2000 feet. RTH started and video went in and out again. Landed and tried a second battery.

This time lots of choppy video from 700 FT out. RC Disconnected and lost video signal multiple times. RTH initiated itself again. Tried to cancel RTH and got "Command Timed Out" message. Eventually was able to cancel RTH

I'm doing everything by the book but getting very sketchy performance from the Spark. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67