Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC signal Strength

taumaz

Join
Jan 5, 2019
So my father and I both purchased fly more packages during the holidays and have been out a few times to try them out. But I have noticed that I am never able to get all 4 RC signal bars even when I am standing two feet away from the spark? And I quickly go down to two bars after only flying 50-60m away.

And when my father is using his, he gets all 4 bars right away?

Few bits of info to possibly help with the issue:

I am using android (s8) and he is using iphone x

We do not have both sparks or controllers powered on at same time.

I have tried adjusting the antenna

We are obviously at the same location and time.

We are both connecting to the RC via wifi

Both are using 5.8ghz

We are in canada

Any help would be great, just wondering if something should be tweaked?

I'd check in the wifi settings and see which signal bands/channels you are connected to.. (you will see a graph with lots of green and red lines on it). You will be connected to different channels.

Everybody says that DJI works better with iPhone than with Android. It might be that. Have you tried an OTG cable on the S8? I have an iPhone X and haven't seen much difference between OTG or no OTG but I've read that you might find a huge difference on android devices.

Good luck and fly safe

I have not got an otg cable to work after many attempts. I used the usb to usb c adapter that comes with the s8, and the charging cable that comes with the rc controller (thats all i had on hand). I have since ordered another cable thats shorter, and doesnt need adapters, hopefully that works.

I have also enabled usb debugging.

I was thinking the connection between the phone and remote would not have anything to do with the connection in between the RC and drone??

When pairing via wifi i have not had connection issues (video), i just notice the RC strength is not as good as u would expect being two feet away. If the remote is sitting on a table beside the drone, should the rc signal not be 100%?

I'm having the same issue with my spark and RC using an S7. Haven't tried OTG connection yet, but I did try factory resetting the phone and only installing the dji app, using it on flight mode plus wifi to minimize any signal interference
I do note that when I power up, I don't have decent green bars in any of the channels viewed through the app.

As a result I've not been able to fly the drone more than 300 to 400 m away.

Frustrating!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme