Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recommendations for dedicated cellphone

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
I want to buy a cellphone (new or used) just to use with my Spark so it doesn't have to have lots of bells and whistles, just enough horsepower for DJI Go4. Recommendations? Android preferred.

Reactions: ralf
I want to buy a cellphone (new or used) just to use with my Spark so it doesn't have to have lots of bells and whistles, just enough horsepower for DJI Go4. Recommendations? Android preferred.
Have you considered a tablet & holder? I've been looking for a replacement for my small screen S7. Found a used Galaxy Tab S 8.4 off eBay for $100. Haven't received it yet so can't say how well it works but the specs look good enough. I'm tired of squinting with my S7 and the Tab's bigger screen should help while editing Litchi missions on the fly. Here's a good list of mobile devices compatible with DJI GO that may interest you.

Reactions: Spark 317
Not a cell phone but the nexus 7 32gb (7'' 2013 model has to be this model btw and fits the spark remote with mo mods) I have been using runs go4 (modded one) perfectly and with otg if needed. You can get them cheap on ebay too. 50-90 bucks. Also with android you can use any version of GO4 you want older /newer whatever so your no locked in if you update like with ios.
They also have a compass so that you attitude meter works correctly.

Just to add I also have run the stock go4 version 4.1.15 on this device as well and it run just as well as the .15 modded app. Good brightness and no lag in video on it with either app

I won a bid for a IPHONE 6S for 150.00
iPhone was a Apple refurb but there were no difference between a brand new iPhone and the refurb. It works well with all the DJI drones as if it were made for the drones.

I won a bid for a IPHONE 6S for 150.00
iPhone was a Apple refurb but there were no difference between a brand new iPhone and the refurb. It works well with all the DJI drones as if it were made for the drones.

Good deal. ?

Back in the day of the Sparks release in 2017, the Apple products worked better than the Droids due to a dedicated operating system vs the other with developer options.

Refurb is not a bad word.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it was broke and then fixed.

My copilot used to work for Hewlett / Packard computer orders on the industrial / government level and most often too many were ordered and returned, opened box, display model, etc...but still works great. :)

I find a tablet works great and use an iPad mini for the job. Maybe get a good second hand or refurb and keep it just for Sparky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme